Dante: Inferno - par Creative Games Studio - livraison en août 2025

Une première update devrait arriver bientôt d’après la dernière update pour Chronicles of Drunagor - Age of Darkness Apocalypse…

News for Dante

DANTE: The Invasion Of Hell

« They yearn for what they fear. » - Inferno, III:126

In a world of corruption and hopelessness, a group of heroes is thrust into a world beyond their wildest imagination as they embark on a path like no other. The fabled poet himself once wandered through these depths, and now it is his turn to be the guide. This is Dante’s Inferno, and it will take you on a journey you will never forget.

All art that you see is still subject to change. We are developing scenarios and art pieces and brainstorming ideas. We look forward to your feedback.

Experience the epic journey of Dante’s Inferno in what we believe is the best game adaptation of this literary masterpiece as of today. To ensure that our take on the nine circles of Hell is thematically accurate, we have enlisted a scholar with a Ph.D. in Dante’s work as our own guide for the project.

At the moment, I’m working on the first Update for the project, a Broadview of Dante, which will provide campaign followers with critical insights into the storyline and gameplay mechanics. It will showcase the design elements and give you an idea of what you can expect from the campaign.

6 « J'aime »

I was informed by Rick that the first big update for dante that was scheduled for the end of April is a tiny bit delayed because some Artwork pieces for the update haven’t been finished in time. Update should be posted some time next week (or this week, if you live somewhere where the week starts with sunday).

7 « J'aime »

Première update.

Résumé

The Ultimate Journey has started. Dante: Invasion of Hell

Update 1 image|100%xauto

A broad view of our interpretation of « The Divine Comedy »

Welcome to Dante: The Invasion of Hell – a journey that will take you on a hell of a ride through the depths of Inferno. We’ve been working tirelessly to create an experience that stays true to Dante Alighieri’s masterpiece, the « Divine Comedy, » while adding our own touch to the game.

We have been immersed in the development of Dante and we have enlisted the expertise of a Ph.D. based in Italy to ensure the authenticity of our game’s representation of the book. With her academic background in Alighieri’s work, we will be able to remain faithful to the author’s vision while using our creativity to deliver something unique and new.

So, get ready to join us on an epic adventure that will lead you to the depths of Hell! Let’s explore Dante’s Inferno together!

NOTE: this is our first update. The artwork we are showcasing is still in development.

After finding yourselves on the Hill of Virtue, the Champions leave the Dark Forest and cross the Gates of Hell. The view is breathtaking. Literally.

In the original plot, Dante travels through the Circles of Hell accompanied by Virgil around the year 1307, at the beginning of the fourteenth century. Although the storyline has offered enough material for us to develop the entire game, we thought it could be interesting and innovative to provide players with the experience of making unprecedented decisions without failing to recognize the elements canonized by Alighieri at the same time.

So, the idea of a second trip in the face of interference becomes very attractive: centuries later, Dante (in the company of players) needs to revisit Hell. Thus, as much as the poet does know the way, given the time passed and the consequences of this external interference, the nine Circles will be more chaotic than ever.

Taking all that into consideration, here’s our plot:

At the dawn of the 16th century, the Catholic Church was facing challenges on multiple fronts, with growing doubt among believers and the rise of competing empires. Some scholastics were beginning to question the structure of the Church and some of its dogmas. On the other side of the Atlantic, an entire New World had been discovered; The Ottoman Empire was growing towards Eastern Europe. In Rome, at the heart of the Church, the morally dubious accession of Alexander VI, Rodrigo Borgia, to the papacy plunged the Italian Peninsula into a new wave of conflicts. The world was changing so fast that Heavens never seemed so far away in the eyes of the faithful…

In this context, a Religious Order emerged under the leadership of a charismatic man who claimed to have been sent by God to go on one last Crusade. Inspired by Alighieri’s work, this leader saw Hell not as a metaphorical concept but as a real place that could be explored and conquered. He was determined to build a pathway that would then lead to Heaven, providing an accessible route for all to attain their Eternal Salvation.

Frightened by such sacrilege, many Saints question whether this is really the High Power’s Will and intervene. They organize an expedition, summoning the four most tenacious humans on Earth. You, under the advice of Dante himself, go on a journey to find these Knights. In the end, whether the Order will succeed, whether this was truly God’s Will, or the chosen Champions will stop the invaders: the players will make the decision over the course of your Campaign.

The gates of Minos’ Manor are open for the sinners. Here, tying knots around his tail, the Judge sentences the souls to their respective Circles. From this moment on, they become the Damned.

The game is divided into nine Scenarios (Chapters), each dedicated to one of the Circles of Hell, comprising one game session. Each of these sessions, in turn, is divided in two Game Phases: Narrative Exploration and Confrontation.

In the Narrative Exploration Phase, players explore the Circle of Hell in which they are as they look for a way to advance to the next one. They should reach the Knights of the Order while reliving Dante’s journey in « The Divine Comedy ». In order to bring this proposal to life, players assemble a board where they place location cards so as to form a map in a kind of puzzle, which will show the points of interest explored in each region.

At each location visited by a pawn representing them on this board, players read a narrative chapter that describes the fantastic world created by Alighieri and reveals some details on recent events, reconstructing that Circle’s history, as well as the Knights’ incursion. At the end of each of these passages, they make moral and strategic decisions that lead to the discovery of new points of interest, the acquisition of mythological artifacts, or the encounter with famous characters such as Charon, Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, and many others.

However, each group will have its own journey, as each of these decisions impact the discovery of secrets, the acquisition of special rewards and the outlining of different outcomes for completing the passage of a Circle. Even though two players might get to the same place, the route they take, the characters they meet, the time it takes and even their goals for arriving at the same place can be significantly different from one Campaign to the next.

When they finally find a way to the next Circle of Hell, players face the « guardian » and initiate the Confrontation Phase (aka boss fight). There, they face the most iconic Divine Comedy opponents, such as Minos, Achilles and Cerberus in a tactical combat that has a clear, straightforward action management system. The aim is to value collaborative participation, being as fun as the Cube System from Chronicles of Drunagor.

We present you: the Dynamic Turn

This is how it works: players take their Actions in the collective window of the Caravan Turn, alternating the protagonism of the plays among themselves as they wish, instead of executing all their Actions at once when they take a turn. Then, a player can execute a Maneuver (as these individual actions are called) at the beginning of the Turn, for example, and decide to wait for their companions to execute theirs, in order to later execute their two remaining Maneuvers. Or you can execute all three at once. You can even perform one, wait for better conditions, perform the second one, wait again, perform the third one, and so on. The alternation of actions between players will take place between Maneuvers, not between complete Turns.

However, Maneuvers tend to provoke Reactions on the part of the Antagonists, causing them to counterattack and move around the board in the middle of the players’ Turns, which guarantees a completely emergent, dynamic and unpredictable combat, just like a realistic Confrontation tends to be.

So, in Dante, get ready to organize strategies with your allies, plan counterattacks, come up with last minute defenses, and use skills which explore the exclusive three-dimensionality that will involve using furniture as improvised weapons. There will be advantageous placements, fall damage, collision damage, throwing characters against the scenario, against other characters, and many other exciting and cinematic effects!

In conclusion, Dante: The Invasion of Hell is an incredibly engaging co-op game with an immersive storyline, strategic gameplay and beautiful artwork. This game can truly transport you to a world beyond imagination. As Dante himself wrote.

What’s next?

We’re thrilled to share our first update, offering a tantalizing glimpse into our plans for an exciting new campaign.

As part of the creative process, we are still exploring many components of our project. In the coming weeks and months, we hope to establish a strong support base for our art, miniatures, scenery, and gameplay. We value your feedback and appreciate any input you can provide, as we are only at the first stages, heading towards improvement. Our ultimate vision is to create Dante: The Invasion of Hell as a complete work of art.

But we know that you, our dedicated community, are eager for more details about Dante: The Invasion of Hell. That’s why we’re excited to announce that we’re putting together a Newsletter, packed with exclusive interviews with our developers, behind-the-scenes glimpses of our brainstorming sessions, and other interesting tidbits. We will have it all completed by our next Update, to host you properly. Trust us; you don’t want to miss it!

As we prepare for the pre-campaign phase, in addition to the newsletter, we’re opening up a few coveted spots for dedicated followers to participate in decision-making and to play the prototype firsthand. It’s a unique opportunity, so stay tuned here for your chance to be part of the action.

We’re grateful to have such an amazing community of adventurers, and we can’t wait to share more. Invite your friends to join the ultimate adventure of Dante: The Invasion of Hell.

We wish you a great weekend!

Sincerely,

CGS Team.

1 « J'aime »

Bon. On est dans une structure à la Oathsworn-ATO très marquée avec sa phase narrative et sa phase combat de boss.

N’empêche. Putain, c’est la Divine Comédie (faut que je le relise).

2 « J'aime »

Erf, la question ça va être, mon tit kptain t’aurais pas déjà large assez de jeux dans ce genre dans ta ludo ?

3 « J'aime »

a t’on jamais assez de jeu?

2 « J'aime »

Et bah justement, j’ai l’imprezsion que oui ^^. Maintenant que j’ai eu les jeux que je voulais depuis quelques année, mon appetit est rassasié.

Par contre, je me retourne de nouveau vers games workshop avec la nouvelle v10 et old world qui va revenir ><.

1 « J'aime »

Ça a l’air intéressant, ils sortent de leur zone de confort. Voir si une vf sera prévue…

1 « J'aime »

Quand on voit à quel point ils semblent frustrés par le processus de partenariat pour les différentes langues (et j’ai l’impression le français en tête ou quasiment), je ne parierais pas dessus.

Warhammer battle c est la vie

1 « J'aime »

C’est triste à dire, et je suis désolé pour les non anglophones, mais honnêtement vu la petite expérience que j’ai maintenant du crowdfunding, j’espère vraiment qu’ils ne feront pas d’autres langues.

Le plus souvent ça amène juste soucis, retards ou pire. Qu’ils de concentrent sur une bonne VO, et puis c’est tout !

5 « J'aime »

Sur du narratif, je vote quand meme pour une VF, sinon madame sera un peu trop a la rue

C’est possible que la campagne se fasse cette année, à votre avis ?

S’ils restent fidèle à ce qu’ils disaient à savoir pas avant d’avoir livré les backers d’Apocalypse. On peut dire Q4 puisque si je ne fais pas d’erreur la livraison de CoD:AoDA est prévu pour Q3.

Nouvelle update pour CoD:AoDA et annonce d’un délai de 2 mois supplémentaire (pour Août 2023) dans la prod à cause des figurines. Du coup, à mon avis, la campagne de Dante se fera très probablement début 2024 puisqu’ils avaient bien dit que celui-ci ne serait pas lancé avant que les backers de CoD:AoDA ne l’aient reçu.

Update #77 - Urgent Update impacting the production timeframe

Discrepancy on sizes of minis during the final check and remaking of tooling for minis.

Dear Backer,

After wrapping up a last minute and late meeting with the team to discuss the challenge at hand, I immediately sat down at my computer to provide you with an urgent update regarding the current status of our project, Apocalypse. Despite today being a holiday here in the US, I felt it was crucial to take this time to inform you about the latest news we have received from our manufacturer in China.

Addressing difficult situations and sharing unfavorable information is never easy, but I firmly believe that it is crucial for maintaining trust and fostering a strong relationship. Transparency serves as the cornerstone of a healthy working dynamic.

We have been diligently conducting quality control checks on all the items for Apocalypse, to make sure that the final production copies that you will receive are in perfect quality that you expect. Throughout this process, our team at CGS noticed discrepancies in the sizes of the miniatures, that does happen during a production as big as Apocalypse. The standard sizes were not accurate and did not meet our approval. We carefully examined each miniature that presented this flaw. During a meeting with the manufacturer today, it was confirmed and diagnosed that the issue still persisted. We are talking about a great manufacturer, EASTAR, that produces for many amazing companies, including all AWAKEN REALMS games as well. So it’s not like we were saving money on quality here.

As of today, the manufacturer will be redoing all the tooling for the Apocalypse miniatures that presented the size discrepancy. This is not an easy, and will result in a two-month production delay. The new timeframe for production to be completed is therefore August 2023.

We expect to have more details by the end of the week, and when that happens, I will send another update.

Eastar have taken full responsibility for this oversight, and our game, Apocalypse, has now been given priority status for production. This means that it will be fast-tracked ahead of other projects in order to fulfill orders as efficiently and quickly as possible.

We understand the frustration and disappointment this news may cause, especially considering the anticipation and hard work that has gone into this project over the months and years. We share in your disappointment and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our team had worked hard to ensure that we would not only meet the July deadline but also have the opportunity to showcase all Apocalypse products during GenCon. We were eagerly looking forward to sharing our creation with our community and engaging with our backers at our booth, but now it it doesn’t seem possible.

I wanted to personally write this Update today to ensure our backers are informed about this important development. As a team, we are committed to sharing both good news and setbacks with our community. I do believe that transparency and hard work are the cornerstones of our relationship between us.

Furthermore, I would like to assure you that this setback does not impact the progress of the language Reprint CoD. The expected timeline for that project remains on track, with an estimated completion by the end of June or beginning of July.

I was in the process of creating an update to discuss Apocalypse, but I felt that this news couldn’t wait or be shared alongside other information. Therefore, I will provide a more detailed update on this topic next week, including information about the tooling of the miniatures for Apocalypse.

We remain dedicated to delivering a high-quality product and will continue to strive for excellence. We look forward to sharing positive news with all of you soon.

Thank you for your understanding and support. We hope you have a great week ahead.

Nouvel update :

Dante Update #2: Through the Gate of Hell

Dante Update #2: Through the Gate of Hell

Update 2 image|100%xauto

A deeper view of our new project, Newsletter and a poll for you.

Dear Adventurers,

“you follow me and I will be your guide

and lead you forth through an eternal place.

There you shall see the ancient spirits tried”

- Inferno, I:106-08, Ciardi

“Come, join me as I rummage through the stories past and future! Come, have you seen the realm full of corruption and desperation? And the heroes? Thrust into a world beyond their wildest dreams! Embarking on a path that’s like no other. Come, only a few have wandered through these forsaken depths. This is Dante’s Inferno, and it will take you on a journey you will never forget!”

In this update, we’ll explore how the idea to bring Inferno to the board game medium developed. We’ll also look at what makes the game unique by sharing the core principles that govern our design decisions behind each of the two Game Phases. As we have promised, we also want to show you some of the new content that we have made with the community in mind: an article on board game storytelling based on an interview with the game’s lead designer, new CGS newsletter, and a new community discussion with a giveaway.

The Demo Box is coming

Through the Gate of Hell

“How I came to it I cannot rightly say,

so drugged and loose with sleep have I become

when I first wandered there from the True Way,”

- Inferno, I:10-12, Ciardi

It was way past sunset when the young history professor returned from the landscape that his mind now wandered through way too often. With a desperate sigh, he began to ply his pen, struggling to recollect the events of his recent journey. Seldom can one see a scholar of events true dwell upon a dream to forge a world that only materializes in loose visions. But what a world that was!

Night after night he sought these strange visions, terrible though they often were. In his dreams, distorted bodies and screaming apparitions were coiling in agony, scattered within a descending series of concentric planes, illuminated only with the flickering light of everlasting flames. Surely a place of punishment, but perhaps even of salvation and renewal. Did he recognize some of these strangers? Had it been the faces of Cleopatra, Minos, Hippocrates, or Caesar that he saw?

One day, he mused, he must find the true way to open the gates connecting that strange realm with reality.

“When they together had discoursed somewhat,

They turned to me with signs of salutation,

And on beholding this, my Master smiled;”

- Inferno IV:97-99, Longfellow

When Mauro, the young history professor from our story, joined the CGS team as a game developer and showed us his tattered notebook teeming with drafts of a board game based on Dante’s Inferno, we immediately recognized the idea, as it came to us some time ago as well. It surely must be an inspiration globally shared by anyone who is familiar with The Divine Comedy and played games from the Diablo franchise.

The first concept was for it to be a dungeon crawler set in the nine circles of Dante’s hell, with a boss at the end of each circle and Lucifer at the end of the game. Yet, at that time, we were developing our previous project, Apocalypse, so the ghastly world of Inferno had to wait. But now, over five years after Mauro drafted his initial concept of the game, we feel we have the necessary maturity as gameplay and narrative designers to bring Inferno to life in a reimagination worthy of this literary and cultural masterpiece.

By the time we returned to work on DANTE: The Invasion of Hell, the initial idea had crystallized into a boss-battler that’s heavily focused on narrative-led exploration. Departing from the standard dungeon-crawler genre allowed us to delve into both combat and storytelling in appropriate depth without the need to compromise on either aspect. This was crucial in keeping the development scope tight while making the delivery of the game and its story expression flowing and smooth. It is also what led us to divide the gameplay into the two Game Phases: Narrative Exploration and Confrontation.

Cinematic Three-Dimensional Confrontations

“Vicious her nature is, and framed for ill;

When crammed she craves more fiercely than before;

Her raging greed can never gorge its fill.”

- Inferno, I:97-99, Sayers

For the Confrontation Phase, during which you battle different bosses found in Inferno, we have aimed towards developing a system that can facilitate tense, challenging, and entertaining fights while also utilizing the innovations we introduced to Chronicles of Drunagor and Apocalypse. Our overall goal was to bring impactful decisions you can make that are different from a simple repetition of move and attack sequences. This is why we have designed the combat as heavily focused on player interactions and the ability to cooperate, while also bringing over three-dimensional surfaces and objects, such as furniture, that can be interacted with during combat to gain the upper hand.

The three-dimensionality with usable objects represent an important aspect of combat as it opens new strategic options. Sometimes you may want to move towards a safer position to be protected from area-of-effect attacks. Or you want to get higher so attacks have more impact. There is also fall damage, collisions, or the opportunity to use furniture as improvised weapons. Monsters can jump down from the high ground and deal damage around them, grab heroes and smash them against a pillar, or grab pillars and use them to smash the heroes. Apart from that, the Dynamic Turn, in which players freely alternate performing actions during a shared player action window, gives you complete freedom and countless possibilities to execute any strategy you can think of. All the different combinations of cards and situations that can arise maintain a tense and exciting atmosphere throughout the fights from beginning to end. The danger is always there, both for you and the monsters, as the outcome of the combat can change in an instant. Even when it seems that you are about to be defeated, you can often come up with a crazy plan, muster all your strength, and execute a masterful maneuver thanks to which you’ll make an unexpected comeback and secure the victory. But be careful; this is also true for your opponents.

Is the boss-battler aspect of the Confrontation Phase unique? Just consider this chance sequence from Mauro’s recent playtest that happened for the first time in well over 30 different games. The heroes were fighting Minos, one of the bosses of Inferno, who had been almost defeated at that point when this happened: Minos suddenly breaks into a run towards the nearest hero, grabs him with one hand, carries him towards another hero, grabs him with the other hand, and, through the effect combined with the next card that activates, he smashes the two heroes against each other, and then throws one of them against the wall, effectively winning the combat.

The emergent narrative of the Confrontation Phase simply reached the point where when we talk about what happened during the latest gaming session, we feel like we are describing a scene from a movie instead of a board game combat encounter. And that’s exactly what we want to experience every time we play.

Narrative Depth in a World That Is Alive

“…Soon you will be

where your own eyes will see the source and cause

and give you their own answer to the mystery.”

• Inferno, XXIII:106-108 Ciardi

It was very important for us to create a world that is alive, with or without the presence of the heroes. The characters you meet have their own agendas, and as time flows, events take place with or without your interference. When you first enter Inferno, you will find yourself inside a complex ecosystem with many different options on how to interact with it. Throughout the journey, the way you meddle (or not) in the progress of the story will determine not only the unique path that you will experience, or the friends and enemies you will make, but also, eventually, how the story will end.

The decisions you make during each game will matter. Your choices will have a palpable impact on the story, mold the world of Inferno, and affect the lives of its inhabitants. It’s not just about getting an advantage for an upcoming fight - it’s about carving a unique path through the nine circles. For example, going as spoiler-free as possible, you might discover personal information concerning Minos, the infernal judge. It is something that he isn’t aware of, which, if you decide to disclose, makes Minos feel grateful and even willing to grant the heroes a favor when they ask. At the same time, you might encounter a character who feels that their sentence is unjustifiably hard, pleading you to help them remedy this mistake. And so, you have the option to see Minos again to argue the case, and he can either decide to grant moving that character to a more agreeable circle or send them towards much lower depths of hell - depending on whether Minos finds your company enjoyable. This, in turn, changes the sympathies of the character who asked you for help in the first place. They may feel indebted, or turn hostile if you cause their hardship to become much worse.

Even such a simple sequence of events illustrates the kind of decisions you will make. If you learn something that Minos doesn’t know, will you tell him or not? When you meet the character asking for help, will you try helping them? Or will you decide that their punishment is just? Will you try helping them even though you know that Minos doesn’t like you? How will all these choices play out? See, each of these decisions has the potential to bend the narrative arc of the game. While there are many ways to reach the same ultimate goal, it is the narrative depth of all the different possible interaction outcomes that will make playing through the story a completely unique board gaming experience. The footprint you will leave in Inferno is there for you to shape.

Exciting Exploration with Rich Storytelling

“Its memory gives a shape to fear.

Death could scarce be more bitter than that place.”

- Inferno, I:6-7, Ciardi

The exploration phase embodies the fundamental aspect of the way we’ve envisioned The Divine Comedy recreated within the board game medium. It’s interesting, it’s fun, and it gives players constant agency through a steady stream of decisions to make and dilemmas to consider, as they appear in the narrative passages. As we’ve mentioned before, although the exploration can drastically influence the confrontation, it isn’t the aim of the exploration phase to actually prepare you for the battle. While you can find gear and other curious items, the exploration is designed primarily to let you enjoy the compelling narrative, unravel different plots, and discover things that will help you understand a little bit more about what’s happening around you.

This phase involves a very light touch of resource management based on three attributes the heroes have: aggressiveness, prowess, and willpower. As you play through the exploration phase, making different decisions and generally leaving your mark in the infernal hellscape, you will sometimes face Ordeals. This means that somewhere along the way, you make a choice in a particular situation, but the outcome of that choice can only be determined by the use of the three resources. Since they will only recover when you descend into a new circle, during your adventures, the resources will eventually deplete. This represents that the heroes have already faced many tough Orceals and they are quite exhausted. So it’s likely that the heroes will fail the next Ordeal they face. You might not be able to successfully do everything you set out to do, but the important thing is that even if you fail, other branches of the story will open, and the journey will continue. Eventually, however as you play, you will reach a point when the game will bring you from the exploration phase to the confrontation. However, if it’s your preference, it is also possible to skip the confrontation and only play through story.

Not only your choices but also the order in which you approach interactions will affect the way the story unravels. The time passes even in Inferno, and events can take place whether the heroes are there or not. A character that was at one place will move somewhere else if you wait long enough to talk to them. The world is alive, and so it is unlikely that you will fully explore everything that’s going on in every circle during a single campaign. Your decisions will lead you to different paths, and given that the outcome of your choices can radically change the world as you go through the story, you will be able to return to replay the game with vastly different results.

Accurate Reimagination of Dante’s Masterpiece

“How I could ever keep my face unmoistened,

When our own image near me I beheld,”

- Inferno XX:21-22, Longfellow

Since Dante had Virgil to lean on, and the heroes will rely on Dante for guidance, it is only natural that we too need a companion that would help us navigate the complex web of ideas that constitute The Divine Comedy.

Although the actual story of the game will be unique, see Update #1, our aim is to accurately represent the ideas, characters, motives, and overall meaning that Dante imbued his masterpiece with. To achieve this, we are fortunate to be able to trust a seasoned academic who has devoted their PhD and further work to the study of Dante to support and oversee the narrative development of the whole campaign.

One of our primary design goals is to maintain utmost fidelity to the book in order to ensure that players who complete the campaign without having read The Divine Comedy can still engage in meaningful discussions about its core concepts. It is crucial for us to approach this endeavor with humility, recognizing that we are crafting an epic adventure based on a literary masterpiece.

Our commitment lies in remaining loyal to the original story.

Throughout the game, players will have the opportunity to encounter nearly every character from Inferno. Drawing from the invaluable guidance we have received, we are determined to depict these characters in a manner that authentically reflects Dante’s portrayal. They will react to the heroes, events, and various emerging situations in ways that stay true to the essence of their literary counterparts.

Of course, the fabled poet Dante will play the most prominent role, as he will be the one guiding you on your journey through Inferno. However, just like Virgil was before, Dante won’t be able to interfere with the way you choose to progress through the story. He will speak to you often, sometimes expressing a wish for the characters to try something he did not try during his own journey. He will provide comments on what changed since his last visit, give advice on what he thinks might be a good course of action, or even help you by doing what you ask him to. He endeavors not to be too judgemental, believing that even other reasoning than his own can be valid, but you will notice when your decisions won’t align with his convictions.

Worldbuilding a Story

“To free you of this dread I will tell you all

of why I came to you and what I heard”

- Inferno II:49-50, Ciardi

Would you like to read about Mauro’s approach to storytelling in board games? As we mentioned in Update #1, we’re starting a new series of CGS Spotlight articles that will go deeper into board game-related topics. They will be based on interviews with our team members, and the first one is all about Mauro’s ideas on telling a story, worldbuilding, and his goals for expressing a game narrative.

Community Discussion with a Giveaway

We’d also like to get to know you a bit better, and we’d love to know what you think. That’s why we’d like to start this discussion in which you can share your thoughts on different aspects of board gaming and also learn what other people think. To do this, we’ll set a survey that will eventually be turned into a short article with a summary of the results.

As a thank you, we will give away a pledge from the upcoming campaign to one random person who participates.

And what is it about? Well, as we know there are many solo gamers among you, we’d love to hear your thoughts on playing solo. Do you like to challenge fierce automas? Do you prefer playing true solo, or do you usually control multiple characters? And even if you hate playing alone, let us and the rest of the community know!

CGS Newsletter

As we promised earlier, we have been working on a newsletter that will make it easier for you to stay on top of the news from our studio as well as from the great CGS community. To make sure you won’t miss them, the CGS Spotlight articles and the Community Discussions will make a stable presence there as well. In fact, we have just published the latest newsletter, and you can make sure you’ll get the next by following this link.

The feedback from the community has always been incredibly important to us. We listen closely to what you say, and we’d love to hear your thoughts on this update as well. What do you think about the game so far? Did you find the storytelling article interesting? What would you like us to write about next? Let us know in the comments.

Lastly

We are currently engaged in a discussion regarding the name of the project. We are considering whether the word « Hell » accurately represents the essence of Dante’s work in the game instead of « Inferno. » To offer a glimpse into our vision, we have included several ideas in a poll, that we will keep it open until next Sunday July 2nd. We value your feedback on this matter and hope to gather enough input to determine the best direction to take. We invite you to cast your vote and share your thoughts on whether we should retain the current name or consider a change. Your voice matters, and we appreciate your participation in shaping the project’s future. Please take a moment to share your opinion here.

Thank you very much, adventurers, for being here with us. We can’t wait to show you more as we will, together, tread the path toward the ultimate journey through Inferno.

We wish you a great week!

Sincerely,

CGS Team

3 « J'aime »

pas vu

Je n’ai regardé que le début de la vidéo, mais apparemment il se contente de reprendre et de commenter les updates, je ne crois qu’il y ait du nouveau…

1 « J'aime »

Ca ne peut pas etre un bon jeu il y a une review youtube. Je passe.