Heroes of Might & Magic III - par Archon Studio - livraison en décembre 2023

ça fait vraiment partie des éditeurs qui ont sauvé leur peau, il y a 3 ou 4 ans on donnait pas cher de leur peau avec toutes les casseroles qu’ils avaient au cul .

1 « J'aime »

Ok merci pour ces précisions, c’est toujours bien d’en savoir plus sur un editeur en financement participatif/préco.

Sur MotU, rien sur le fait que les figs soient en grappes et à cet instant toujours rien.
Donc sauf si je ne me trompes les backers vont bien recevoir des figs en grappe comme sur leur autre jeu MotU déjà dispo sur leur shop alors que nous on attends toujours la version GF…
J’ai comme l’impression que l’on a payé pour leur autre jeu…

Et bon des figs en grappes c’est anodin non ?

moi je me suis fait avoir avec dungeons et laser, et les figs en grappe, non merci

c’est un hobby à soi, cela te prend du temps sur ton temps de jeu…

A titre personnel, je ne suis pas contre les grappes. Mais c’est en effet un élément qui nécessite d’être précisé. Car autant dépuncher un jeu reste simple, autant assembler des figurine est souvent un nid à galère. Il y a toujours un élément qui s’ajuste mal, besoin de colle, d’un cutter… Bref, pour pas mal de personnes, c’est quand même galère. Ce n’est pas pour rien si bon nombre de personnes privilégient maintenant le pré assemblé. C’est d’autant plus vrai quand on est sur des jeux avec un plateau et non des jeux de figurines à proprement parler.

Sacrilège!
Il faut surtout une pince coupante (et éventuellement un cutter pour gratter pour les peintres les autres s’en foutront probablement) pour ne pas risquer l’accident.

Article sur BGG sur les premières impressions de jeu sur le proto…

:arrow_forward: My first impressions (prototype) :game_die:

Ok, I’ve played the prototype recently and I want to share my thoughts.

First of all, this game captures the vibe of the original perfectly. It really feels like HoMM. The exploration, city building, hero development (deck building) and the chess-like battle system are all here and are great.

Exploration
The map is full of interactive elements. Almost all hexes have various objects - mines, marketplaces, observatories, stables, neutral towns, campfires, waterfalls, mills, etc. with familiar effects. Some give us resources, some artifacts, some other benefits. The most valuable objects are protected by neutral units and battles with them are very common.
The only flaw is that map tiles are kinda small - they look smaller than in the pictures, but at least they are not so table-consuming.

Battle system and downtime
The battles are more complex and longer than in an average 4x game due to their chess-like style, but are still pretty simple. As you probably know, the battles are resolved on a 3x5 battlefields with unit cards (creature minis are optional and ARE NOT the part of the core box). Each unit is double-sided with « a few » on one side and « lots » on the other (with Sandro’s speciality, we have possibility to increase number of skeletons to their third state - « horde »). On its « lots » side, units have additional abilities and boosted stats and when defeated, they flip to their « a few » side. There is a lot of card-play during battles (spells, attack/defend boosts, etc.) and a little bit of randomness with an attack dice (results from -1 to +1). I’ve recognized familiar mechanics such as ranged/meele penalties and morale and they are implemented pretty well and are not too complex.
When fighting neutral creatures, I had to deal with them in 1 battle round, each additional battle round costs 1 of 3 movement points on the exploration map, so battles don’t last too long. Neutral units are controled by another player, reducing downtime to bare minimum. I’ve played 2-player game, so the downtime didn’t even exist, but on higher player count it could be noticeable (still not so long due to the fact that players are allowed to build and recruit during other players’ turns).
Fighting another hero is epic and quite long, it is not limited to 1-3 rounds and requires more tactics. I believe those battles are rare and lead toward the end of the scenario (our scenario has ended after heroes’ final fight), but I don’t have enough knowledge about 3-4 player scenarios to tell how much it would impact the downtime.

City building
As I mentioned, we can build and recruit even during our opponents’ turn (once per round). We can build dwellings, mage guild, City hall/capitol, Citadel and some faction-specific buildings. It works fine, but visuals are disappointing. Buildings are cards with their graphics on one side and the effect and the cost on the other, so after building, we won’t see our structure at all. It is functional, but I believe it could be done better.
After purchasing the mage guild, we recieve 2 random spells to our deck and we are allowed to buy new spells (its like increasing our mage guild’s level in the original). We can recruit units from dwellings even if we are not in our city, I like this simplifiaction, couse it speeds up the game. Citadel allows us to recruit more units (allowing to flip « a few » units to their « lots » side - after paying for it of course) and the city hall… you know, it increases our income.
Speaking about the income - we are gathering gold and recources every odd round - on even rounds, weekly events are revealed and I find this system super fun and thematic!

Deckbuilding
Every hero’s stat, ability, speciality, artifact and spell is represented by a card added to our deck. Most of them help us in combat, some also on the exploration map. About the stats - playing spell power cards empower our spells, knowledge allows to bring them back to our hand after using them (having more spells in hand is like having more mana, so it makes perfect sense), attack and defence cards boost our units in combat.
I thought deck building won’t fit HoMM, but fortunately it does. Unused cards can be discarded at round end to speed up the cycle. Leveling our hero increases our hand limit and allow us to play cards on their expert level. The deck building is implemented well, but I didn’t notice any way to clear our deck from weaker cards. Maybe becouse the scenario I played wasn’t long enough, there is a chance that longer games will provide such possibility.

Final thoughts
This game is definitely not a crap, it has a lot of potential and I believe it can even become one of my favourite games. Almost every single mechanic was fun to me and I would recommend it. Will Archron Studios bring us the HoMM board game that fans deserve? I do not want to confuse, but it looks like they will!

5 « J'aime »

Ca, c’est le genre de phrase qui me fait fuir.

5 « J'aime »

c’est un hobby à soi, cela te prend du temps sur ton temps de jeu…

Je suis d’accord. Ceci dit, même si c’est une réflexion personnelle et un peu hors-sujet, je crois que si je compare mon temps de jeu effectif à tout ce qui précède et suit cette activité - dépunchage, montage, peinture, pimpage, lecture de règles, debriefs de parties, veille du secteur du JDS et des sorties KS, consultation et participation à Cwowd et discussions sur les réseaux sociaux, lecture d’articles, visionnage de vidéos et parfois écoute de podcasts, recherche de deals/bons plans, revente de jeux d’occase, et je suis sûr que j’en oublie - je pense qu’au final je ne consacre pas plus de 5 % de mon temps dédié aux jeux de société à jouer réellement :sweat_smile:

16 « J'aime »

Et en même temps, que devrait-on dire des philatélistes ?
Les gars qui passent leurs temps à dénicher, décoller, ranger leurs timbres… Tout ça pour ne même pas jouer avec !

3 « J'aime »

Peut-être qu’ils les lèchent de temps en temps.

15 « J'aime »

C’est bien toi qui a repris le Xia de @blobe ? :smiling_imp:

1 « J'aime »

Oui et j’ai un souvenir ému des chiens qui se frottaient sur ma jambe pendant mon retour du relais colis.

5 « J'aime »

Ils jouent aux Timbres Legacy ?
Et ensuite, ils rachètent des Reset Packs…

2 « J'aime »

Archon vient de partager le lien pour le livre de règles…

The Kickstarter campaign is getting closer and closer, so it’s time to share our Preview version of Rulebook with you. Learn about the different game modes, and setups, along with the basic mechanics of Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Board Game :game_die:

Download the Rulebook :point_down:
:arrow_forward: https://archon-studio.com/…/files/HoMM_v11_preview.pdf :arrow_backward:

Je vous mets aussi la video d’unboxing avec la partie Q&A…

5 « J'aime »

On a la date ! Ce sera donc pour le 22 Novembre…

14 « J'aime »

Et 2022. Moi en voyant la couverture je pensais à 2002, mais non.

3 « J'aime »

Oh le coup bas ! :smiley:

Le jeu devrait sortir la semaine du hérisson.

6 « J'aime »

9 « J'aime »