Sub Terra 2 - par ITB | VF par Nuts Publishing - livré... pour la VF (bravo les gens de Nuts !)

Le problème c’est pas vous mais ITW qui semble faire vraiment n’importe quoi

2 « J'aime »

C’est ça, c’est l’équipe d’ITB qui est vraiment une jolie bande de branleurs !

Rien à reprocher à Nuts, au contraire ! Ils sont autant « victimes » que nous…

Vas sur le projet Alba… C’est encore plus la guerre sur les commentaires…

Ah oui, quand même… on est vraiment mal barré!

Bon, p’tite news surprise. C’est pas prêt d’arriver (mais est-on a une année/décennie près ?), mais au moins y’a apparemment une partie de fabriquée. J’espère qu’il ne considère pas uniquement la partie en VO, mais aussi la VF…

Vraiment les probabilités d’être livrées sont pas bien élevées. On va compter sur cette restructuration (vraiment pas drôle) pour lui permettre de se centraliser sur ce projet et le livrer. Mais tout seul à tout gérer, ça va clairement prendre du temps…

Merci pour le partage de l’actualité.

Effectivement, cela semble très compliqué pour ITB, c’est une bien triste nouvelle.

Je demanderai un maximum de précisions à la personne chargée du projet chez Nuts! et je posterai un compte-rendu dès que possible. Je confirme que la version française du jeu devrait bien être livrée (nous nous chargerons personnellement de cette partie de la livraison).

3 « J'aime »

Je me pose la même question. Dans ce qu’il annonce être déjà produit et en cours de production, c’est uniquement pour la VO ou toutes langues incluse?

C’est quoi la news ? Je me suis greffé sur le pledge de quelqu’un, je n’ai pas accès au KS.

En même temps, je ne suis peut être pas sur de vraiment vouloir savoir.

C’est une longue diatribe indiquant que plus rien ne va (en résumé !)

Attendons de voir ce que Nuts a comme nouvelle de son côté dans quelques jours…

Actu #50

To the backers,

Firstly I need to apologise for the long wait for an update. I promised that we’d keep up with monthly updates for as long as the project went on and that lapsed, leaving many of you understandably concerned about the future of the project.

As you’re all aware, the last two years have been utterly brutal for the tabletop games industry, in particular indie publishers like us whose campaigns got caught up in the mess the pandemic wrought on shipping, production, supply chains and the rest. Earlier this year we got hammered with yet another lockdown in Shanghai where our factory is based, which being just after Chinese New Year meant another colossal loss in time for the factory. Not only this but the knock on impact on shipping chaos has been incredibly difficult for us to unravel, with us only recently being able to get things moving.

As I’m sure you can imagine, the financial impact of nearly two years of delays on this huge, complex project in addition to the enormous price rises has been crippling for us. We’ve held on this long, but unfortunately I’ve had to make some really tough decisions about the future of Inside the Box, and our projects.

Ultimately, my responsibility is to you, to deliver on the commitment that I made to get these awesome games onto your tables so you can enjoy the thing we spent so long making, and poured so much of ourselves into seeing through. While it would have been far easier (and honestly probably much more sensible for my own health) to walk away, I have always refused to do that. I’ve had to make a lot of very difficult decisions over the last few months to ensure that we keep going, and a big part of that has been to scale down Inside the Box as much as possible.

Inside the Box is once again, just me, Peter.

While dramatically scaling the company back is necessary to keep the operation alive, I want to thank the incredible people who’ve put everything they could into pushing through the extraordinary challenges we faced over the last couple of years. It’s with great sadness that I say goodbye to the team that I can honestly say have been an utter privilege to work with, and I thank them all for the unbelievable support, compassion and kindness they have shown me in spite of them losing their jobs to these circumstances. They’ll always remain great friends, and exceptional people. I hope that one day I can build things back up to a point where we can get the gang back together, but for now - it’s up to me, and me alone, to forge ahead and try to finish what we started.

I want to make this absolutely crystal clear to every single backer, supporter, fan, customer, however you identify yourself reading this: I am going nowhere. I’m not stopping. I’m not giving up. I’m not disappearing into the night. I will do every thing I can to finish this project. I will work to get every single one of you every single thing you pledged for. It will take time, and I’m sure there will be challenges to come - if I know one thing it’s that there are no certainties - but as long as I’ve got fight left in me, there’s road ahead.

I’m doing every last thing I can, pulling every favour and tapping every contact I’ve ever made to get everything figured out, solve problems and get things moving as fast as physically possible. It’s an enormous, complicated project with a lot of moving parts, and alone it will take everything I’ve got left in me to see through, but I’m going to do just that - whatever the cost to me to make that happen.

Many years ago, Inside the Box was me, underemployed in an expensive city, building something with sheer force of will. It’s going to be a return to that, and I’m more than prepared to make more of the sacrifices I will need to, to realise the objective.

Every one of the projects that I’ve had the privilege to work on over the last 7 years, every person I’ve been able to jam ideas with, every con I’ve attended, has been because of the support that people like you have given me. Without that support, without the belief in what I was trying to create all those years ago and ever since - I would be stuck in a job I hated, that wouldn’t have afforded me all the amazing opportunities you gave me and the team.

While I’m sat here, back in my hometown in Carlisle with my mum (who many of you have met over the years!), knowing that whatever comes next will certainly be hard, what gets me out of bed and drives me forward is that commitment to all of you. Sometimes I fail, sometimes I let myself and you down, but ultimately I keep pushing forward because I genuinely believe that it matters.

Speaking to many friends and colleagues about the difficulties the company and I have faced, they’ve often said ‘don’t worry, it’s only bits of paper after all’. They’re right, of course, we’re just talking about bits of colourful cardboard that we shuffle around the table. But those bits of cardboard bring joy to people around the world. They’ve saved lives. They’ve connected people, created communities. Building my first projects and sharing the joy of games with people was all that once stood between me and taking my own life. So I owe it to all of you to keep going, as long as I can, with everything I’ve got. Above all else, I want to do right by the people that put their faith in me.

I’m sure at this point, if you’re still reading, you might still be thinking ‘what does this mean for the project, though?’

Right now, the following items have been fully printed, fabricated, assembled, checked, tested, packed, and palletised at the factory.

Sub Terra Core Game, Sub Terra Investigation, Sub Terra Extraction, Sub Terra Annihilation, Sub Terra Incubation, Sub Terra Core Minis, Sub Terra Horror Minis, Sub Terra Expansions 1-3 Minis, Sub Terra II Core Game, Sub Terra II Arima’s Light, Sub Terra II Typhaon Wakes, Sub Terra II Core Minis, Sub Terra II Arima’s Light Minis, Sub Terra II Typhaon Wakes Minis.

The following items are being produced right now by the factory, and have been in progress for a few weeks.

Sub Terra Incubation Upgrade, Sub Terra II Dice Set, Sub Terra II KSE Pack (Including the Eternal Miniature, D4 Key Token, D12 Artifact Token, Constructible Artifact, Moulded Volcano token etc), Sub Terra II Attack of the Crabs.

The following items are complete and/or have sufficient stock in our UK warehouse for fulfillment once the remaining stock arrives to complete fulfillment.

Sub Terra Graphic Novel, Sub Terra Dice Set

The following items need further intervention from me to complete.

Sub Terra II Graphic Novel, 3D Printed Statuettes

In terms of the logistics of the project, I have been speaking to a range of different shipping and logistics partners to get everything moving, and now have quotes and estimates for the freight and fulfillment of all of our projects, (broken down project by project, region by region), which I’m going to action as soon as I can. Because of the extreme increases in shipping rates in most regions, this could take a while - but I’ll be updating you as each chunk gets processed into freight to regional center, then as its processed for the last stage - shipping to your home.

Once the units are confirmed to be actually on a freight ship(s) (rather than simply booked onto it) I will share the tracking code for the ship(s) with a link to a browser-based tracking system that you can see the boat’s position live on. This way you can check to see when the boat is likely due to arrive in your region.

Once the boat arrives, there’s a variable amount of time that it will take to process through customs depending on the country it arrives into, then it will be transferred to the regional fulfillment hub for processing. Once they’ve got everything logged in, they’ll be primed to start packing orders and shipping out - at which point you’ll each get email notifications directly from the shipping partner with tracking information for whichever courier it is that’s dealing with your individual package.

As it’s been such a long process, anyone who needs to change their address for their pledge can do so, up until the games are on that boat (providing it’s still in the same territory, so it doesn’t cause issues with freighting the wrong quantities to the regional centres). To do this, please email us on support@insidethebox.games - as it’s just me now, this will take longer than usual so please do bear with me. I’m going to be trying my absolute hardest to get through all the requests as fast as I can, and answer any questions you might have. If you’ve got questions or need to change your address, please email on the above address, rather than commenting or sending a KS message, as I’m much more able to manage them efficiently that way through the support system I use.

I will be trying my utmost to stick to the update-a-month, unless of course there’s additional critical information that I have to share.

Peter.

Si je comprends bien il a viré toute son équipe le.mec et désormais il est seul ?

C’est ça… et il retourné vivre chez sa mère.

Donc, y’a plus un kopeck dans les caisses!

S’il n’y a plus aucun kopeck, il n’y aura aucun bateau, aucun container, et aucune livraison.

1 « J'aime »

Bien résumé.

Ça sent vraiment mauvais et c’est la 1ere fois que ITB le reconnaît

Il le dit, "Because of the extreme increases in shipping rates in most regions, this could take a while ", @NutsPublishing_Yohann dit que le shipping pour les versions FR c’est Nuts! qui s’en charge … donc si c’est bien produit il y a encore une petite chance (à laquelle je ne crois pas) de recevoir nos pledges.

Je pense que je peux faire un trait sur Alba

C’est normal de se sentir insulté quand on reçoit un Alba tard :upside_down_face:

11 « J'aime »

Dans le meilleur des cas il va falloir rallonger pour le shipping…