The Dark Quarter - par Lucky Duck Games / Van Ryder Games - Livraison octobre 2023

C’est une plaie ces figurines dans Destinies. J’aurai préféré des tokens…

Bon n’empêche, j’ai été un peu refroidi par la preview du dernier Canard PC Hors Série.
D’après eux ca fonctionne bien etc. mais y a quand même une appli très présente et surtout, ils trouvent que le plateau commun ne sert au final à rien car on a toutes les infos via l’application, les dés et les cartes et ca évite une tonne de manipulations.
Du coup on perd pas mal en immersion je pense …

C’est déjà le grief principal contre destinies qu’on pourrait jouer sans plateau, en se passant la tablette ou sur un écran commun

Perso, j’aime la présence du plateau et ce votre hybride. Ça ne me pose pas de problème

6 « J'aime »

L’ayant loupé à l’époque et vu que destinies tourne bien à la maison, je relorgnes dessus…
Le PM est toujours ouvert? Un late pledge est possible?

Je dirai oui. C’est sur Gamefound et le PM est actif donc normalement tu dois pouvoir pledger.

1 « J'aime »

J’espère vraiment qu’ils vont pas foirer la trad, car en VO c’est fameux (extraits de la dernière news) :

That man could solve any crime blindfolded and handcuffed, but now? He’s broken and used up. Bottom of the barrel, even for the likes of Beaumont."; « Who? Robicheaux? You mean John-I-lost-my-shit-Robicheaux? He’s still alive? »

She wanted to flex her arcane muscles, and no one ran into more wild and crazy shit than the Beaumont Agents. Vampires, werewolves, and diablos, oh my. Constance Moreau couldn’t imagine anything more exciting.

Mullins’ unwanted party trick developed around the time he lost his dream job as head chef at one of the most decorated restaurants in the city. The manner of his exit was violent enough to ensure that no one else would hire him - not even hole-in-the-wall grease cooks slinging po’ boys and dirty rice. Left with nothing, Mullins began to drink like the devil himself. And with his newfound hobby came his newfound drinking buddies: rotting corpses, which never shut the fuck up.
Why this had happened to him, he didn’t know, but it did find him an unlikely job at the Beaumont Agency. An investigator who could speak to the dead often came in handy, even if he was perpetually drunk. Most people didn’t mind, though, since Mullins, despite being eighteen sheets to the wind on any given day, was one charming sonofabitch.

If someone is going to think outside the box, that’s certainly Bluejay, who gives zero fucks about staying in that box.

Bon courage aux traducteurs, et en espérant qu’ils vont pas édulcorer le bordel au passage.

2 « J'aime »

Aucune chance. Il est à faire en VO pour tous ceux qui le peuvent, ça c’est sûr.

1 « J'aime »

Bon ben, j’ai pris la version rookie et on verra bien… (par contre j’avais pas fait gaffe que ça sortirait en 2024 pour la VF… Et j’imagine qu’il n’est pas possible d’annuler une commande si je commençais à me dire que l’attente devient trop longue ?)

Après je me connais, d’ici un an je suis capable d’avoir oublié que je l’avais commandé xD

1 « J'aime »

Tu peux toujours annuler la commande et te faire remboursé avant que le PM ne ferme, car après c’est plus difficile.

OK merci.
Mais bon, je crois que je vais rester sur ma décision et conserver mon achat…
Reste plus qu’à patienter maintenant ^^
(c’est mon premier achat de ce type donc je ne sais pas trop à quoi m’attendre)

Nouvelle update mais toujours pas de deadline pour le PM…

Update #37 - Living World Waiting to Be Explored

Greetings Detectives,

This update is dedicated to the backbone of The Dark Quarter - characters and the stories related to them. This is what makes the game a living and breathing environment. To give you a glimpse of the effort we put into each NPC character, let me introduce to you, Sophie Romero and Black Rex.

Meet Your Employer

As you would have expected, a woman in charge of the Beaumont Agency is not an easy-going person - gently put.

Sophie is the director of the Beaumont Agency, In other words, she’s your boss. In terms of game mechanics, Sophie is the one who briefs you at the beginning of each scenario while also being one of the key NPCs that can offer you help if you ever get stuck. However, any help she offers comes with a stout helping of humiliation.

See, while Sophie ultimately cares about the agents under her supervision, she also has zero patience for failure, stupidity, and ignorance. She will let you know how she feels when you speak with her. Every. Single. Time.

Oh, and she has a mouth on her like a sailor:

“If I had been asked to imagine a more disgraceful shitshow than the one you put on, what I would have come up with would have paled in comparison to the steaming pile of goat feces that you all managed to dump on my goddamn porcelain plate.” Mullins stifled a laugh. That was inventive, even for Sophie.”

Getting a hint from Sophie has zero gameplay implications. Your score won’t be docked because the game doesn’t track points. The Dark Quarter is all about the story you’re taking part in, not meeting some arbitrary threshold. So if you want to get a hint from Sophie on every single turn you’re more than welcome to do so. However, she’s going to verbally berate you for it. Here’s a taste of what Sophie Romero can dish out.

“Goddammit, what now?” Sophie asked before the door had even swung shut behind Moreau. “I hired you for a reason and it wasn’t because of your sparkling personality and witty fucking banter.” Moreau waited silently. Sophie was nothing if not consistent. After a moment, the director looked up. “You’re still here. Out-fucking-standing. Fine. I will spare you two minutes of my very, very, very goddamn precious time.”

It’s All About Questions

Black Rex is the proprietor of the House of Rest for Weary Boatmen, a seedy dive bar that is home to the roughest characters that Dark Orleans has to offer. You’ll find a motley group of rougaroos, criminals, and n’er-do-wells haunting the Boatman’s ramshackle walls, and presiding over all of them like an emperor over his subjects, is Black Rex.

Robicheaux handed over a thick wad of bills and Rex slid the crowbar across the bar. “Good for opening doors, cracking skulls, or if you’re feeling particularly lonely, some nice intimate alone time. Not that I would recommend that. Probably get tetanus. But who am I to judge? Here you go. Don’t ask where it’s been.”

You’ll visit the Boatmen regularly, either looking for information or contraband, but everything has a price, and Rex is the shrewdest negotiator this side of the Mississippi. Don’t come empty-handed, but if you can pay what Rex asks, you’ll open up doors in the investigation that would have otherwise remained closed.

A Taste of Things to Come

We are also finalizing more and more locations you can visit. Each one results in different NPC, quests, and secrets. Take a look at some of the places you will visit during the game.

Pledge Manager Open Time?

We plan to keep Pledge Manager as long as possible without crossover with the shipping phase of the Project. It means it will remain open until the last minute of finalizing our production order with our partners in China to allow everyone to join « The Dark Quarter » who wishes to. Once we have a set date for this we’ll ensure updates are shared ahead of the Pledge Manager closing.

What Are the Box Dimensions?

Box Dimensions will follow industry standards, meaning 29x29x7cm. Will fit your shelves perfectly. All other expansions will also be in line with the 29x29 cm standard. Your Kallaxes will love them.

That’s it for today’s update. If you have any questions, just leave them in the comments or drop us a line at info@luckyduckgames.com. We’ll do our best to help!

Until next time,

Quack!

Michał @ Lucky Duck Games

1 « J'aime »

Et de nouveau, le speech de Sophie est priceless.
Nouvel appel aux traducteurs pour pas la foirer celle la !

2 « J'aime »

News:
Décalage de la potentielle livraison de octobre 2023 à juin 2024.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lucky-duck-games/the-dark-quarter/posts/3791549

oui donc livraison VF pour 2025

Les vf ont toujours étée livrées en même temps que les vo sur nos jeux studio.
A ma connaissance, il n’est pas prévu sur ça change :wink:

2 « J'aime »

Oui mais sur la page KS c’était prévu octobre 2023 pour la VO et début 2024 pour la VF

5 « J'aime »

Ah tiens ! J’étais pas au courant de cette différence, mea culpa ! :wink:

En tout cas c’est quelque chose qu’on préfère éviter tant que possible.

Après 300 000 mots à traduire, ce sera beaucoup de taf clairement :slight_smile:

1 « J'aime »

Bon courage aux traducteurs et relecteurs, encore une bonne année pour patienté :sweat_smile:

2 « J'aime »

On a une date de fermeture du PM ?

J’ai vu dans les commentaires que çà resterait ouvert un bon moment donc non il n’y a pas de date et on a encore le temps pour réfléchir/payer ^^