Whales Destroying the World - VF en PDF - - livraison mai 2019

Lien KS

Résumé : (par le porteur) Hi, sorry for writing in English, since I don’t know French. But our backers do and they told me there is a great French community of Kickstarters here. I wanted to share with you my little project called Whales Destroying the World. It’s a bluffing game with hidden roles for 3-6 players for 10-20 minutes. The game is super fun and we have French rules (wip) available on our KS page thanks to the great French community.

Pledges : jeu à $15+4.

Welcome!
The project is interesting, the price is nice, and shipping is really reasonable (that worth mentioning).
I like the art.

It might look like a bit too much to Cockroach Poker in the principle, what differs from this one?

It looks like a bit like Secrets, especially with a turtle role. Even simpler than Secrets (but I didn’t read the rulebook, only judging by the summary on the page).

Family games usually have trouble on kS, but it’s funded, great. I could back it, I’ll have to think about it (I try to reduce my KS-addiction ! :slight_smile: )

Hi, Romn. Thanks, Cockroach Poker is great little game, but Whales are different. In our game, your motivation is to build your own tablo. The mechanism here is sending the card to another player with two possible goals - you want to get rid of the card or keep it. But you can do only so much and the final call is on the other player. The second important part of the game is your role. Do you play as a Whale, trying to build the strongest army (and making sure other whales have less points than you), or are you a superspy trying to infiltrate other players with superheroes? This all makes a great dynamic that works very differently from other hidden-roles games and is really quick.

To prove this, I can point you to some reviews:

https://expandyourgame.blogspot.com/2018/11/whales-destroying-world-review.html?m=1

https://youtu.be/edJofm5y1vQ?t=349

Glad to see project leader to come here to present their game. This project stayed below my radar whereas the art direction is nice and inspired. I will surely have a look at it. Thanks

Hi Petr,

Thanks for sharing your game here ! I did watch a video of your game few weeks ago, i just can’t remember where …
Game looks fun and i prolly get it to play with my daughters.

Thanks for your responses! The game is fun with kids, family and it works great as a party filler to play over beer in the pub. We’ve been testing it with every possible audience and it always worked. And even gamers had fun thinking about strategies, as it really matters what card you send to which players (based on its display of cards).

I’ve been thinking about another distinction with Cockroach Poker, Secrets and our game - there is one fundamental rule in our game. You may have only 2 cards of one color in your army. If you get a third one, you lose all three, but get a chance to steal a card from another player. This makes the game interactive, since you have to be careful about getting new cards and always think about what to send to others.

Thanks for your responses! The game is fun with kids, family and it works great as a party filler to play over beer in the pub. We’ve been testing it with every possible audience and it always worked. And even gamers had fun thinking about strategies, as it really matters what card you send to which players (based on its display of cards).

I’ve been thinking about another distinction with Cockroach Poker, Secrets and our game - there is one fundamental rule in our game. You may have only 2 cards of one color in your army. If you get a third one, you lose all three, but get a chance to steal a card from another player. This makes the game interactive, since you have to be careful about getting new cards and always think about what to send to others.

Hop! pledged :wink: My father is a whale collector, so…^^

T-shirt added :stuck_out_tongue:

J’avais complètement loupé le KS…

Vendu !

Quelqu’un explique en français? ((vu qu’apparemment il y aura des règles en VF)

Grosso modo, c’est un jeu de bluff a identity secrete :slight_smile:
Les règles en FR se trouvent ici

@merguez : Je tente une trad de la page KS

• Assigner un rôle à chaque joueur : secrètement chaque joueur se voit assigné un rôle. La majorité des joueurs sera une baleine, mais l'un des joueurs sera un super-espion, défendant les humain
  • Offrir une carte : Chaque tour, un joueur pioche 2 cartes, en défausse une et offre l'autre à un joueur face cachée. Il doit donner une "information" à propos de cette carte, mais il peut très bien bluffer.
  • La refuser ou l'accepter : L'autre joueur doit décider s'il accepte cette carte, ou la refuse. Une fois le choix fait, le joueur qui se retrouve avec cette carte, la place devant lui.
  • Renvoyer les unités : Il ne peut y avoir 2 cartes ayant la même couleur dans l'armée d'un joueur. Récupérez une 3ème et vous perdez les 3.
  • Les Baleines gagnent : Lorsqu'un joueur a complété une armée de 6 cartes ou que la pioche est épuisée. Dans ce cas, le joueur avec le plus de points gagne.
  • Le super-espion gagne : lorsqu'un joueur récupère un 3ème superhéros dans son armée.

@TheWhiteSock Merci beaucoup pour la traduction. Je préparais le mien, mais votre est beaucoup mieux.

J’aime beaucoup, hop, j’ai pris un pledge pour 2 boites « basic edition ».

Pretty sure I’ll join that campaign soon. Thank you @petr-vojtech for passing by and presenting your project !

J’ai pris une boîte normale. S’il y a un Parisien dans le coin qui en veut une, je peux modifier mon pledge.

This type of game is not my thing, however break a leg :slight_smile:

Sounds fun ! Cockroaches with a twist, I’m in.
And I love the whale bag : Collectors edition !

This game is missing a pnp reward :slight_smile:

We were thinking about PnP, but we ended up thinking that for 15 bucks (plus 4 shipping) it will be cheaper to buy the game from us (in professional quality) than print and cut it yourself. There will be almost 100 cards.

P.S. France is number 4 in backers count. It is great! Thank you guys :slight_smile: