[En retard] "Whelps to Wyrms" - Livraison prévue avril 2017

Lien KS /

Résumé : Whelps to Wyrms is a limited action, dragon themed, tile exploration game. You get to take on the role of a newly hatched dragon whelp and explore the new world around you. As the game progresses the map will grow, as will your dragons. You can earn xp to unlock new skills for your dragon, and each dragon has a unique skill tree. It’s a game with simple actions so young and old can enjoy it, but there is a deeper layer of tactics for the bright minds among us.
Pledges : jeu de base 59 $CAD (~40€) / deluxe 79$CAD (~55€) fdpin

Ouais… Et sinon, en Français, ça donne quoi ? Hmmm…?

EDIT : Ah, petit rappel au passage : il faut laisser le premier post disponible pour y mettre les infos d’en-tête.

En résumé : un jeu dans lequel tu incarne un bébé dragon. Il semblerait qu’il y ai une map à explorer au fur et à mesure, un système d’xp. Chaque type de dragon ayant un arbre de compétences différents. Après c’est le blabla classique du « c’est pour les petits comme les grands mais ça reste quand même super tactique » …
:wink:

Bref ça peut être sympa, à voir…

Je vais garder un oeil dessus également. Quelqu’un connais ou a eu des retours de leur précédent jeu, Nautilus Industries ?

Bon par contre ils annoncent déjà un paquet de SGs…

c’est parti

deux soutiens: avec ou sans pièces métal, 59$ CAD ou 79 $ CAD

J’ai participé à la campagne de Nautilus Industries. Comme beaucoup, ils étaient en retard sur la date de livraison annoncée (environ 3 mois) mais plutôt une bonne communication et un respect des backers. Ils nous ont par exemple demandé si ça nous dérangeait qu’ils vendent les exemplaires exclusifs KS qui leur restaient sur les bras.

Pour le jeu, je trouve que la qualité du matos très bonne (vive les pièces en métal) et que sa mécanique assez simple reflète bien le thème. Par contre dans mes souvenirs les parties étaient un peu longues (je n’y ai pas joué beaucoup…)

Merci pour le retour :wink:

Je vais suivre ça, mais peu de chance que je prenne.

[quote quote=77540]

Quelqu’un connais ou a eu des retours de leur précédent jeu, Nautilus Industries ?
J’ai participé à la campagne de Nautilus Industries. Comme beaucoup, ils étaient en retard sur la date de livraison annoncée (environ 3 mois) mais plutôt une bonne communication et un respect des backers. Ils nous ont par exemple demandé si ça nous dérangeait qu’ils vendent les exemplaires exclusifs KS qui leur restaient sur les bras. Pour le jeu, je trouve que la qualité du matos très bonne (vive les pièces en métal) et que sa mécanique assez simple reflète bien le thème. Par contre dans mes souvenirs les parties étaient un peu longues (je n’y ai pas joué beaucoup…) [/quote]

J’ai participé aussi à Nautilus Industries. Comme dis F0lken, il y a eu du retard mais très très bonne com. Le matériel est de très bonne facture, notamment les pièces métalliques. J’ai fait une partie à deux quand je l’ai reçu et là, une grosse déception. J’ai trouvé ça long et ennuyeux. Trop répétitif à mon gout. Peut être qu’à plus de deux le jeu est meilleur, mais il m’a tellement fait mauvaise impression que je n’ai jamais osé le proposer à quelqu’un.

C’est les dernières 48h.

Le thème plait bien à madame, le prix me semble correct, le matos a l’air bien mais j’hésite car il suscite un faible engouement.
Pour quelle raison selon vous?

Qu’est ce qui vous freine par rapport à d’autres projets en cours qui eux fonctionnent bien au sein de la communauté?

Clairement je suis pas la cible mais vu le matos (full meeples) le prix me semble plus que correct. Ya vraiment beaucoup de projets intéressants en ce moment (pas de trêve estivale on dirait…)

Alors… Je trouve le projet très à la limite. C’est pas un jeu très profond. Le theme est excellent. Mais les regleS semblent.,. Trop et trop peu? Je ne sais pas comment le dire en français. Mais en gros, les mecs ne savent pas trop comment valoriser leur theme. Le meme, relooké space cowboys, ce serait une tuerie. La, c’est un meh pour moi.

Je découvre… perso moi la page et les récompenses m’avait arrêté net la premiere fois que j’ai regardé (pas envie de passer une demi heure a comprendre de quoi on parle…)

En regardant de plus pret, rien qui ne me fasse rêver… donc pour un KS…

[EDIT : je referais le premier post demain]

Dernier update un peu flippant sur la solvabilité du porteur de projet…

"Hi folks!

I know it’s been a quiet few weeks, I should be keeping you in the loop but I’ve had a rough couple of weeks and have been trying to come up with a solution on my own. It’s been a challenge all along working with US CAD dollar transfers and trying to work from Canada while most of the board game world is elsewhere.

When I started this project I really felt like this game would be greatly enhanced by miniatures, so, I worked out costs for sculpting and molding ahead of time, and did my budgeting accordingly. Along the way it’s a constant fight with the dollar exchange as I had to run my campaign in Canadian Dollars, and the board game industry runs off of US dollars. I tried to take the exchange rate into account, and for the most part it has been ok. My first game, Space Junk cost me about 20% more than budgeted because when I did my budget the dollars were on par, and when I finished printing the game the Canadian Dollar was 30% lower.

Anyways, enough of that. The big risk with this game was the miniatures, but I knew this, and budgeted for it… or so I thought. Until I got an email the other day from the manufacturer that I was planning on using that stated my « new » mold cost was now $22,000 USD instead of the $8700 USD that they had quoted me, and I had budgeted for. For those of you who like math it adds up to about $17,500 CAD more than I had anticipated. Also, I pay some money each time I exchange from USD to CAD so it’s actually more in reality.

The bottom line is:
I don’t have enough money to make the game.
It’s as simple as that, although I’m not willing to fail without trying every possible idea first. Because you all have a vested interest in this project I would like to ask for some advice, or suggestions from you. I have a few ideas that I’ll put forward for feedback, while inviting your suggestions as well. Because things have already been costing more than anticipated, I had expected to have to invest some more of my own money into getting this one out to you. I’m not a rich man by any means, so the extra $25,000-$30,000 is just not doable.

As a side note, everything is done that needs to be to make the game. All of the sculpts, graphics, rules, punchboards ect are done, and ready to go to print. There is enough money in the coffers to produce the game without miniatures and ship them out.

1. We have been working on a game for a while that is a legacy rpg/war/town building game. Since we started Whelps to Wyrms I have been working on building the game into the world of Whelps to Wyrms, with the intention of using many of the same characters, and therefore miniatures, from Whelps. I have been trying to figure out a way to use this as a way to fund the remaining cost of Whelps, but I’m not convinced it’s a good route unless there is an angle I’m not seeing.

2. Produce the game without miniatures? I would hate this because the sculpts are done and most of you have paid extra to get the minis. Maybe we could make the miniatures after the fact?

3. Find a company to partner with to complete the game. This would mean turning over control of Lamp Light Games to someone else, which I would be ok with if it meant getting you guys this game. If there is any chance that we could continue on as a design team instead of dealing with the printing and distribution logistics, that would be a dream come true. We have a great design team, and several really awesome games in the works. They have just stalled out because of dealing with all of the cross border logistics, it has almost killed my creative side…"

Ouch! Qui a pledgé? Ça sent pas bon là…

Pour un jeu qu’on ne recevra sans doute jamais, il parait que les boites ont été produites mais pas de budget pour les livrer…

Et aujourd’hui ce message

Greetings Everyone;
You are likely wondering why you are getting this e-mail and about the subject line so let me explain a little bit. I ended up backing Whelps to Wyrms along with everyone else years ago and like all of you was disappointed it failed to deliver. I have always wondered if it could be saved and gotten out to backers who supported it so long ago and I think it can.
We understand there are some very negative feelings tied to this game for many people and if you don’t want to be part of this revival we fully understand. We are not asking for anything from you as a backer first off, our goal is to get you a copy of the Standard or Collectors Edition (depending on what you pledged for) and nothing else. Those games we have learned are all printed and just need shipping so that is now our goal. It is also very important to know that the original handlers of this project will not be involved in any way with this project going forward it will only be used.
We are working on that very idea, can we run a second campaign but this one to save the game? Our goal is simple, to see if we can generate enough interest from new people to get a copy of the game (standard only) and by doing so help also generate enough money to cover shipping costs to get the game out to all the original backers. We believe we can do this and to that end, we manage to get a couple of copies of the game one normal and one deluxe to check them out. The game is good and very much hope to share it with you all as we work toward trying to save it. To that end, we would ask that if you wish to keep getting updates you remain on this mailing list which will be used for updates only. If you do not wish to remain please unsubscribe.
We know there is not alot here yet do us gearing up for our own games release. But we wanted to let people know we are working in the shadows on this.

Bon, campagne Gamefound actuellement en cours pour faire revivre et finaliser l’envoi des jeux, 6 ans plus tard…
On n’en est qu’à 8% d’une cible assez modeste dans l’ensemble (ils visent ~650 nouveaux backers)
Il reste 22 jours, on peut y croire…?

Seulement 8% alors que çà a du commencer il y a plusieurs jours, aucune chance à mon avis que çà finance.
Qui irait mettre de l’argent dans ce projet aujourd’hui?

1 « J'aime »

Pourtant le jeu mériterait sa chance, c’est bien pour ça qu’on l’avait backé à l’époque, mais oui je vois ce que tu veux dire, je me raccroche à un vain espoir il semble…