Primal: The Awakening - par Reggie Games - Livraison septembre 2022

Il paraît que oui, mais ce sera entre 10 et 20 euros plus cher.

Une goutte d’eau par rapport au prix du KS en somme. :sweat_smile:

Testé sur TTS: le jeu est vraiment sympa même si le scénario d’intro est peut-être un peu trop facile et du coup non représentatif de la difficulté. On sent la pression du monstre sur la moindre action qu’on veut entreprendre. Par contre on s’embête pas avec un scénario ou quoi : on est là face au monstre pour taper du monstre, point.

Le même sans les figurines pour moitié moins cher et ça aurait été vraiment intéressant pour moi.

Apres y a pas la pseudo trame du mode campagne sur tts ^^ (même si a mon avis, on aura ni plus ni moins que mh en jv et personnellement ca me suffit).

Essayé aussi sur TTS, et la victoire ne m’a pas paru facile, même si on s’en est sortis. Normalement, il y a moyen de finir round 4, je ne vois pas comment! :open_mouth:
J’ai beaucoup apprécié, et ça confirme mon idée de late pledge.

1 « J'aime »

En ce moment on s’est lancé dans MH Rise avec les copains, surement un des meilleurs épisodes amha. Hésitez pas à y jouer en attendant primal si vous avez l’occasion ^^

J’ai testé la démo, il a l’air très bien mais je vais attendre la version PC en 2022.

1 « J'aime »

facile quand meme, mais sinon il est très bien

Dernière update du côté de Primal avec les règles en VF pour ceux qui hésitent à faire un LP :slight_smile:

Rules (PDF) Translation Update

Thanks to the help of our collaborators, we are happy to share the translations of the rules document in Italian and French. Spanish, German and Polish translations are planned as well and they will be available soon. You can find the downloadable files by clicking the image below:

Designing Thyrea’s Legends + Rules (PDF) Translation Update

"We collected many stories from our ancestors. Most of the time they appear to be confusing, hermetic or even totally absurd. But when we manage to decipher their meaning, sometimes we uncover an incredible knowledge about the world we live in. This is why I dedicated my entire life to the history of the mysterious « pearl of the abyss ». It is the one that, more than any other, attracted my attention and my immagination. Maybe because I spent my childhood on the shores of the Jade Ocean; maybe because I always admired the stars in the sky.

According to a widespread belief in the old tribes, the night sky in Thyrea is an inaccessible shrine full of bright jewels belonging to the gods. The old stories tell of deities that used to wear different collections of ornaments for different seasons and times.

But now comes the heart of my research. All the manuscripts I have looked into, describe a weird event occurred three hundreds of years ago, according to our chronological reconstruction. They all give a different description of the event. Some mention a bright jewel that escaped from the shrine and brought the longest night we remember, the night of the divine heist. Others tell of an iridescent pearl that was donated by the gods themselves to our ocean.

None of us ever understood what the pearl refers to in the real world. But finally I have a theory, which is connected with the discovery that no Korowon has ever been mentioned in any tome of beasts before that event. I think the origin of those monsters has something to do with the night of the divine heist… and there is much more that I will be able to confirm once I will be there to see with my own eyes if the depth of the abyss can be as dark as the night sky."

- Your K.

Today we want to share with you some insights on the design of a Legendary quest, which is included in the Stretch Goals unlocked during the campaign.

What to expect from a Legendary quest?

The world of Thyrea is filled with legends and myths chronicled by sages and elder hunters right from the dim glow of a shrouded campfire during night misssions in the wildlands. These stories tell about lost artifacts, ancient tribes and creatures. They are deeply connected with the history of Thyrea as well as with the origins of the races that inhabited it.

Completing Legendary quests and uncovering the mysteries within, is not necessary to complete the final act of the campaign. However, these quests not only offer deep insights about the lore of Thyrea, but they also grant you access to a variety of unique and epic weapons, artifacts, NPCs (that can help during the campaign) and… mystical resources!

A Legendary quest is designed with a special location in mind, or maybe directly comes from a prophecy or from the consequences of a mythical event. Of course, stories are centered around a fearsome creature on which the legend is focused.

Korowon - Gameplay and Strategy

Speaking of fearsome creatures, let’s have a look at The Pearl of the Abyss scenario, which involves a fight with a very interesting « control » type of monster: the Korowon (a weird hybrid between a giant crab and an ancient ammonite). Control effects can be of many different kinds in the game, from discarding cards to manipulating the players’ sequence, canceling cards abilities and much more. Korowon excels at both self-healing and controlling player’s movement on the board.

While it repeatedly recovers health thanks to its regenerating carapace, it is also able to immobilize the players and make it difficult for them to find the optimal positioning on the board. Be ready to sacrifice resources and adapt your tactics in order to evade the monster’s pincer and to reach its vulnerable spots.

Korowon can capture a player (taking its miniature hostage on the monster board!) thanks to its giant crab claws. This is a special mechanics that forces a player to spend their turn using resources in order to get rid of the captured condition (with the help of the allies!) and coming back to the fight.

If you want to stop the monster from regenerating health points, you must crush its big shell from the Rear sector! Until the objective is completed, players cannot advance to the final Stance. This helps understanding the true nature of Korowon’s control strategy: getting to the end of the 10th round, when the high tides will force the hunter to drown or flee.

Legendary deck

The design of a Legendary encounter has the goal to create not only a difficult scenario to beat, but also a memorable one. The monster always maintains its characteristic playstyle, while some specific Behaviour cards are enhanced and special game effects are added to connect the scenario with the legendary story behind the fight.

In the Pearl of the Abyss scenario, you fight an elder Korowon which is able to align its rage with the ocean tides (we cannot spoil any other detail!). The monster causes the environment to change through the addition of Water terrains on the board and it also sets a challenging race against time.

How the monster is able to affect the tides? What kind of secret will you discover during the expedition?

Art Development

Today we also want to show you some new pieces of art you haven’t seen yet. They are all unique rewards you will get during the progress of the campaign. These items are often related to a specific monsters, can you guess which are? :wink:

That’s all for today! The upcoming month will be dedicated to more legendary quests design and art development as well as to production and shipping calculations in view of the Pledge Manager setup! We look forward to sharing more news with you soon in the next update.

Stay safe,

Reggie Games

1 « J'aime »

Traduction .made in cwowd

1 « J'aime »

Absolutely :slight_smile: Good job !

Bonsoir, petite question, une idée de la date hypothétique du late pledge?

Désolé si la question a déjà été posée.

Merci.

…/…/2021

1 « J'aime »

A priori dans moins de 2 mois

En attendant le late pledge, j’ai fait le second scénario sur TTS avec un pote hier. Il avait l’épée, moi le bouclier.
Encore beaucoup de plaisir à jouer, même si j’aime pas trop TTS (la galère rien que pour compter des trucs dans sa défausse…), et on a encore probablement fait pas mal d’erreurs de règles (oubli de la phase monstre, par exemple :stuck_out_tongue: ).
J’ai trouvé le deck bouclier assez mal fait :
Arme : fait piocher les alliés en fonction du coût de la carte sur le dessus de sa défausse
Casque : permet de piocher la carte du dessus de son deck, au début du tour, si elle vaut 2 ou +
Armure: permet de gagner 2 jetons stamina au lieu d’un, à la fin d’un tour, si on a 2 cartes ou plus en main.

On s’attend donc à un deck avec des cartes chères mais puissantes, pour en jouer une ou deux par tour. Et non. Il y a 3 cartes de valeur 2+ dans un deck de 2 cartes…
Néanmoins, le deck en soit tourne bien, et une fois la maitrise débloquée, j’ai pu faire pas mal de dégâts (plus de la moitié des dégâts de la partie je pense), étonnant pour le bouclier.

Dans l’ensemble, beaucoup de plaisir à jouer, et ça confirme bien mon envie de late pledge!

5 « J'aime »

Merci

1 « J'aime »

Pour se faire une meilleure idée encore pour ceux qui attendent le LP

J’ai eu du mal à aller au bout de sa vidéo sur mhw dont la première partie se résume à lui lisant la page ks sans même avoir préparé un plan ce qui occur des découvertes et aller retours…

1 « J'aime »

Ses vidéos sont trop longues à mon gout et me donne jamais le sentiment d’avoir été préparées.

3 « J'aime »

En règle générale, les gens qui se filment en train de lire des pages web, c’est le néant absolu.
Encore, si la page était une exclue avec des infos accessibles seulement à ces youtubers, ok. Mais là. Vraiment, non. Je ne comprends pas.

1 « J'aime »

Hello, en tout cas, il a le même sentiment que j’ai eu : En solo ce n’est pas évident de jouer deux personnages, encore moins en jouant sur TTS.

Son début de partie est plutôt bon même si je le trouve trop téméraire et ça montre qu’en fonction des cartes que tu pioches versus les réactions du monstre ça peut changer la physionomie de la partie. Il aurait pris un Firestorm au lieu d’une attaque classique il aurait eu dès le 3eme tour un personnage mort ou du moins immobilisé, mais ça n’a pas été le cas. Les flammes sont assez punitives avec ce monstre.

En tout cas, ça montre que même si on maîtrise les astuces associées au monstre, il reste la surprise de la pioche et du set up du monstre.

2 « J'aime »