Shinjuku - de Gary Kacmarcik - sur Kickstarter le?

Arf typiquement le genre de projet que j’aime

Plop ! Rien de neuf depuis avril… C’est dommage ce petit projet m’intéressais bien mais il tarde a pointer le bout de son nez.

Un petit update:

Gary Kacmarcik

[17 Apr 2022]
Hello everyone, I wanted to give a quick update on the status of the Shinjuku crowdfunding.

But first of all:
Japanese version of Shinjuku
For the past few months, I have been working closely with a Japanese publisher for a retail release in Japan. As part of this, the artwork is being redone by a Japanese artist and a Japanese graphic designer. Some of it has already been completed and looks great!

This is really exciting for me because, while I put a lot of effort into keeping the theme accurate and respectful of Japanese culture, the fact that I’m not Japanese means that it’s easy to make mistakes that a native would not. I had previously worked with a Japanese cultural consultant, but the collaboration with a Japanese publisher has helped uncover a few additional issues (which were thankfully minor - whew!).

Thus, the first official (non print-and-play) version will be the Japanese release. The Japanese publisher will make a proper announcement when they are ready.

Crowdfunding
It should come as no surprise that the Japanese retail release will be entirely in Japanese. In contrast, the Kickstarter version will be an English release but it will be based on the Japanese art assets (because they are much nicer than what I put together).

To help me with crowdfunding, I am working with a publisher in the EU who also has plans for some international retail releases. The EU publisher will release more details when the project gets further along.

(Note that the Kickstarter campaign will not ship to Japan, so as not to interfere with the retail release there.)

Timeline
The current status is that the artwork is currently being worked on by the artist and graphic designer. It’ll be a few months before this work is finished.

While we could launch the campaign now and say « the art will be updated later », it’s better to have « near final » artwork available before we launch. In addition, it’s better to have the updated artwork before we send out copies for Preview videos (which also take time to make).

Thus, the campaign is now more likely sometime in Fall (or Southern Hemisphere Spring). However, it should be a relatively short time between the campaign and shipping because most of the work will be completed before the launch.

I’m sorry about the delay, but I believe that this will result in the best possible version of the game.

2 « J'aime »

Au moins on sais que ça avance.
Moi qui pensait que c’était tombé a l’eau, en fait le créateur est actif sur BGG, c’est là qu’il faut aller pour avoir des nouvelles.