Stars of Akarios (ex Starlight) - par Starlight Board Game

Mouais, ça me semble fortement discutable.

Projet Gloomhaven Middara
Prix KS1 $64 $100
Prix KS2 $99 $115
Mise à niveau $22 $60*

*Ce n’est pas le prix précis, je sais qu’il y a $30 pour le upgrade pack, $15 pour le rulebook, je ne parviens pas à trouver le prix du adventure book alors j’ai compté $15 aussi.

Les pledgers de Gloomhaven sur le KS1 ont payé leur pledge 36% moins cher que ceux du KS2 et on leur a demandé de remettre 33% de ce qu’ils avaient payé pour avoir leur jeu mis à jour. À la fin ils payent $86 contre $99 pour les nouveaux pledgers.
Ceux de Middara ont payé leur jeu 13% moins cher que ceux du KS2 et on leur a demandé 60% de leur mise pour avoir une mise à jour. À la fin ils payent $160 contre $115 pour les nouveaux pledgers.

Du coup là comme ça j’ai surtout l’impression que ce sont les backers de Middara qui se la font mettre.

Alors certes, on peut argumenter sur l’intérêt de prendre tous les upgrades de Middara (mais juste le upgrade pack, les pledgers du KS1 se retrouvent avec $115 à la fin et deux fois des fdp contre juste $115 pour les seconds pledgers). Et y a aussi le raisonnement de soutenir une boîte sur son premier jeu et qui essaye de faire des choses différentes (ce qui est le cas à la fois pour Gloomhaven et Middara pour le coup).

3 « J'aime »

C’est 25$ l’adventure book.
C’est le problème quand on ne regarde que les chiffres :slight_smile:
En fait le problème c’est que sur gloomhaven il n’a pas fourni aux backers du KS 1 les nouvelles avec errata et autres corrections, donc forcément oui c’était moins cher alors que sur Middara ils donnent la possibilité de tout reprendre ce qui a été modifié.
Par contre je reconnais qu’il y a eu bien plus de changements sur Middara mais c’est aussi un jeu bien plus gros et compliqué dans l’équilibrage car beaucoup plus de build possibles.
Donc il y en a un qui a coûté certes plus cher mais en donnant la possibilité de faire une mise à niveau complète alors que l’autre a choisi de ne pas donner la possibilité aux backers du KS1 d’avoir un jeu 100% mis à jour, c’est ça le fuck aux backers.

Et pour parler argent, dès qu’il y a des errata conséquents (sur des gros jeux), les backers du KS1 sont quasi forcément perdant rien qu’en prenant en compte le double shipping…

2 « J'aime »

Akarios October Recap BETA Launch

5ccfeeda2ede23efd6e8d6aa6cd62744 original.jpg?ixlib=rb 2.1 Posted by Brendan McCaskell

Oct 30, 2020

External link.png?ixlib=rb 2.1 View on Kickstarter

Recap

Wow! What a journey the past 7 months have been. Since the end of the Kickstarter we got straight to work on this EPIC game called Stars of Akarios. The community has been so great during this time and I cannot believe the amount of work we have finished over this time. Let me re-hash a bit of what we have completed so far:

• Over 40,000 words of incredible story written
  • Over 1000 cards - about 90% of these are unique
  • An initial Alpha test over the summer which gave invaluable feedback
  • 32 Unique Miniatures
  • Artwork upon artwork upon artwork upon artwork. I’m thrilled for you to see what we have in store. This is a beautiful game.
  • I can’t even list everything else that we have worked on, completed, or are working on! It’s huge!

https://youtu.be/UbkV-PXzrd4

BETA

I would like to formally invite you to the Stars of Akarios Beta. I am emphasizing the word “BETA”. This is a work-in-progress game without all of the final content. We have room and time to edit things and we are doing this beta to invite your feedback. Let me share a few things you will notice right away and a couple thoughts on feedback:

• The Rulebook is not finished. You’ll notice boxes everywhere, old graphics, missing explanations and spelling mistakes - we have not put the final touches on this, nor have we gotten our editor to work through it yet (that is to come). You will also notice a list of headers at the back of the rulebook, these are topics to be discussed. If you see any glaring omissions, that would be good to know :slight_smile:
  • The Scenario book has not been proof-read for grammar. We will be sending this to a profressional editor.
  • You will only experience 1 world exploration. I am sorry about this, but the artwork I recieved for a pivotal world exploration in Act 1 (Jerarch) was not up to my standard and we are re-doing the artwork as I speak. There will be more world explorations including side-quests which are not included in the beta.
  • The beta only includes the MAIN story thread in Act 1. There are many side-quests not included in the beta.
  • Some of the choices and links may be a bit broken - please not these.
  • We are not looking for story edits (the story is pretty much written), but please comment any over-arching thoughts.
  • We are wanting strong data to help balance the game.
  • THIS IS A BETA, things will change because of your feedback.
  • We have brought someone in to help do data-driven analysis based on your gameplay reports.

Data-Driven Analysis

We brought in Jonathan Kaemmer to help lead the data-driven analysis of the feedback. Here’s a note from him!

Some of you may be familiar with Me for contributions to the boardgame community including some lengthy write-ups about huge player-driven datasets for games like Twilight Imperium and Tapestry. It started as a general curiosity and passion for interesting statistics but when Stonemaier games put forward the idea of incorporating player data into balancing efforts and ongoing support I saw a huge opportunity to shape the games I love into the best experiences possible. This started with balancing adjustments for Tapestry and now I’m working with them and other companies to analyze play-test data!

Right now I’d like to invite you all to participate in an open beta playtest for Stars of Akarios by Brendan McCaskell and OOMM Games. This very successful kickstarter has put up the first “Act” of their game’s campaign for public consumption on Tabletopia, so whether you’re already a backer and want a taste of what’s to come, a non-backer interested in trying the game, or just really like supporting data analysis posts in the community come on and give it a try!

All we ask is that if you play a game of Akarios on Tabletopia you let us know how it went! Just go to this link and fill out a quick survey.

In a few months time, we plan on taking all of the data collected and looking at how it can be used to better shape the scenarios for a consistently tense player experience. We’ll look to see if we can identify consistent trends in the results that might indicate some rough edges.

Example situations we’re looking for are if scenarios are consistently:

• Finishing too quickly
  • Taking too long
  • Always resulting in failure/victory
  • Not being challenging enough (no damage)
  • Too challenging (max damage on majority of players)
  • All the above but for specific subsets of ships and ship-combinations

The end results of this process might take the form of adjusting the number enemies, unit stats, player abilities, or changing unique scenario conditions in order to prevent things being too easy or too hard. It’s a big undertaking but we are confident the game will be better for it, and all you need to do to help is play some games!

How To Participate in the beta

• Download the Rulebook, Scenario Book and Progression Pads
  • Log on to Tabletopia
  • Fill out the feedback form
  • If you have questions make sure to watch the videos!

Tabletopia: https://tabletopia.com/playground/stars-of-akarios-dgvakt/play-now

Rulebook, Scenario Book and Progression Pads here: https://bit.ly/3kHJtii

Feedback Form (Only 1 person per session): https://forms.gle/A3nhry7Le4sFQnJp9

Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/starsofakarios

Discord: https://discord.gg/YxGAnqA

Current Links: https://bit.ly/34DL1Es

Late-Pledge: https://gamefound.com/projects/oomm-games/stars-of-akarios#/

https://youtu.be/_72G7aQI_Vo https://youtu.be/mEjozk66Nsg https://youtu.be/Ud_NCK_bglo

That’s all folks!

• Brendan
3 « J'aime »

Marrant comme approche. On a déjà vu ce type de bêta officielle sur tabletopia ? (Aussi organisé et processé ? J’ai pas l’impression …)

Certains ont testés la beta jusqu’à présent ?

Hum j’ai vaguement souvenir d’un truc allant dans ce sens mais je remet pas la main dessus, mais c’était moins que la. Moi j’en suis très content en tout cas, ca permettra d’équilibrer un peu plus avec les retours de la communauté.

MG devrait s’y essayer :kiwi_fruit:

J’avais oublié que j’avais laissé 1$. A votre avis, je prends tout de même un Pledge de base ou ce n’est pas la peine ? Cela va faire doublon avec X-odus?

C’est tres different d’X Odus amha (que j’ai aussi)

Comme le Captain, pas de points communs entre les 2 jeux. On a parlé plutot d’un gloomhaven de l’espace, mais je ne suis pas sur non plus que ce soit bien juste comme comparaison. Mais bref, non , pas doublons avec X-Odus.

D’ailleurs c’est con, ils n’ont pas mis d’option sur Gamefound pour leur filer un tip d’un $. J’ai laissé mon dollar pour pouvoir avoir les news et j’ai pris le jeu grâce au PG de @Gov, mais là je reçois des mails disant qu’il faut que je remplisse le PM.
J’voudrais bien, mais j’peux point !

1 « J'aime »

Si tu fais parti du PG, c’est bon je me suis occupé de tout…
Il te demande de remplir le PM car tu as laissé 1$

1 « J'aime »

Oui (et d’ailleurs merci ! :slightly_smiling_face:), mais je ne peux rien faire de ce dollar. Et le PM continue de me demander de l’affecter.

Envoi leur un message ils doivent pouvoir clôturer à la main

Joli dernière comm’
Je suis toujours un peu partagé avec mon pledge sur ce jeu, j’ai du mal à visualiser ce que je vais recevoir l’année prochaine, mais en tout cas y’a du matos avec leur 1000 cartes !
Faudrait un classeur ! (private joke pour ceux qui suivent ISS Vanguard.)

Hello hello everyone! This is a nice big juicey update with a lot of progress updates! Here’s a quick overview of what we will cover today:

• Late Pledges & Fulfillment
  • Card sizes & quantities
  • A Few Gameplay Changes
  • World Exploration Development
  • Development & Production Timeline
  • A look at Some Miniatures

Late Pledges & Fulfillment

We are nearing the end of Stars of Akarios late-pledges! IF YOU HAVE NOT filled out your Gamefound pledge, now is the time to do so! This is where you confirm your shipping address, add-ons and pay for shipping. Gamefound link here.

A few notes:

• Late pledges close at the end of December
  • You can still update your shipping information after the late-pledge closes via GameFound until we ship the game (you will receive an email about locking in your address).

We have recently made a change and have signed on with D6 fulfillment services to coordinate fulfillment of Stars of Akarios. We have appreciated their ability to quickly problem solve and their customer support. Really, we cannot speak more highly of them!

This means a few things:

• Indonesia is now included in the Asia pricing (not rest of world anymore)
  • VFI is our Asia shipping partner
  • For all of the EU/UK backers, OOMM Games is covering your VAT fees. We made a commitment to you and will fulfill it!

Card Sizes & Quantities (1013!!!)

A few of you have been eager to pre-purchase sleeves for Akarios! Let me share with with you the final card sizes and quantities.

44mm x 68mm - (410)

• 40 Pilot Ability Cards
  • 30 Ship Ability Cards
  • 220 Modifier Cards
  • 20 Trauma Cards
  • 55 Tech Cards
  • 25 Sparrow Ability Cards
  • 20 Co-Pilot Cards

57mm x 89mm (332)

• 140 Enemy Combat Cards
  • 42 Enemy Cards
  • 40 Event Cards
  • 55 Engine Cards
  • 55 Weapon Cards

80mm x 80mm (216)

• 216 World Exploration Cards

70mm x 120mm (55)

• 52 Space Exploration Cards

Gameplay Changes

As we are nearing the finish line of producing content (stay tuned for the timeline, there is still a decent amount of work for us to do!) we have made a few tweaks to some of the content.

First, we are no longer including item cards in Stars of Akarios. Originally, we were going to include 30 item cards to supplement the World Exploration aspect of the game. But, after testing, we realized that in order to provide meaningful interaction with the item cards we would need to have SIGNIFICANTLY more. It didn’t really make sense to include just a few throughout your journey. This doesn’t effect the quality or significance of World Exploration and the gameplay works great without them. Maybe this area will need to be explored more in a future expansion? Who knows :slight_smile:

Secondly, we are including co-pilot cards (20) in the core box. These represent unique characters who join your crew aboard The Sparrow and provide some pretty neat abilities throughout the game.

Game development is an ever-evolving journey and thank you all for being on this journey with us!

World Exploration Development

World Exploration continues to be painted and written… And I am pretty excited to give you a sneak peak of Jerarch - the home planet of the Yurs people.

(This is a fraction of the Jerarch map!)

Development and Production Timeline

A couple of KEY milestones have been reached in the Stars of Akarios development, but first, let me give you the big picture. We want ALL Akarios assets finished by Christmas 2020 (this means ALL artwork, writing, scenario design, graphic design… everything). We will then spend a few months making sure everything fits together nicely, polishing the rulebook and scenario books before going to print. The timeline will look like this:

• December 7th - Production partner begins the 3d mould process. This is by far the most time consuming process of production.
  • December 25th - All artwork & gameplay assets completed.
  • December - Continued testing
  • January - Testing, editing, testing, editing, testing, editing.
  • January - Proofing 3d Samples
  • February - Rulebook available for public proof
  • February - Final run-throughs of Stars of Akarios. Crunch-month.
  • February - Begin language translations
  • February - Finalize Graphic Design
  • March - Files to printer
  • June/July - Production complete
  • August - Shipping to your Doorstep!
2 « J'aime »

Alors je lisais ca hier soir, on est d’accord qu’ils s’attendent pas a traduire en un mois hein?

Février => mars.

J’espere que c’est que pour la VO.

Sinon un peu décus du retrait des équipements mais bon on verra bien a reception =)

C’est très beau en tout cas ! :star_struck:

1 « J'aime »

C’est pas à vieux routard comme toi qu’on va apprendre à faire des grimaces? :grin:
C’est un planning prévisionnel, tu sais celui que tout le monde regarde en rigolant une fois le projet livré.

Perso, sur les projets KS et GF (si jamais), je pars du principe que je les recevrais, un jour, et ce sera chouette, je ne me prends plus la tête. Ca fait presque parti du deal.
Quel jour, ça… en général quelques jours apres l’avis d’expedition :stuck_out_tongue:

2 « J'aime »

Ca inspire pas masse confiance quand même de voir qu’ils prevoient un mois pour ca. Même moi ca m’a pris plus de temps pour mes traductions et j’avais qu’une extension fan made ^^’

J’espère juste qu’ils vont pas bacler le truc pour rentrer dans les délais…

Bin il suffit de lui rappeler de partager ces trads fin février avant de les envoyer en impression … et après si il y a des corrections, tant pis ca repoussera le planning … pas grave …

vu comment d’autres éditeurs se sont assis sur les corrections des backers, faut pas attendre grand chose :slight_smile: