Obsidian Protocol - par Quti Studio - livraison sept. 2020

Modification du nombre des pièces disponible dans les boites, d’après l’auteur on y gagnes plus qu’on perd.

Voici un tableau récapitulatif du nombres d’éléments (amener a changer ?).

et un aperçu du contenu de la core deluxe

Et un aperçu des terrains LAB (impression 3D) en développement:

Photos terrain

Ouverture du PM et LP le 12 mars…

Update #40 - Pledge Manager coming !

Commander, supplies are coming in!

Hello everyone!

Our first shipment is finally going out, so this update will talk about it.

Then, the PM page has been set up so that this update will be heavy on arrangements regarding PMs!

As for the development progress and design changes planned for this update, we will put them up in the next update.

Batch 1 - Simplified Chinese - Shipping

This shipment includes:

The Simplified Chinese version of the « RDL Corebox », the « Heavy Metal Expansion Pack », and the « Cavalry Expansion Pack ».

RDL Corebox

Heavy Metal

Cavalry

The image above is a rendering. Some of the material in the picture is a temporary replacement material, only used to show the number of accessories in the product package.

The factory has indicated that production of this batch will be completed in late March, and we will be shipping as soon as possible.

If you participated in the Obsidian Protocol project crowdfunding on Modian or made an add-on order at a Taobao dealer before December 2022, please visit this link to check out the information. We’ve posted an update to explain this shipping schedule.

In short, if you have supported the Simplified Chinese version through the above channels, you will receive your first batch of products in late March to early April.

About PM

First, a quick note:

We plan to open Pledge manager on Backerkit on (BST) March 12!

Before that, we’ll start Smoketest on March 8, and a random 5% of backers in each level will be invited to the PM page early as a final test before PM opens to ensure everything runs smoothly.

The Pledge manager will officially open on March 12, when access to the Late Pledge will also open. I know we didn’t tease it far enough before that, but the whole PM is planned to last until May, so there’s no rush. You’ve got plenty of time to get into it.

During this phase, two main things are in order:

Firstly, to collect shipping information from supporters and provide shipping calculations based on this so that we can make shipments.

Secondly, let KS and late backers add any add-ons you like.

You can join our Discord channel and participate in the discussion anytime.

Main rules.

1. If you are not participating in the KS crowdfunding, click the Late Pledge button on the KS page to go to the backer kit page, where you can shop for the add-ons you need and finally choose a shipping address to complete your order.

All products will be billed at a price on the page (also known as the « PM price »), and you will receive the same effect as if you had participated in the KS, including all unlocked items and crowdfunding restrictions.

This price will be higher than the price at the time of crowdfunding (in 2019) but still at a discount to the PM price.

1. If you have participated in the KS crowdfunding and have not received a refund until now (a refund request made but not received is not count), you will see a selection of products based on your pledge level when you click the Late Pledge button on the KS page to go to the backer kit page, and follow the instructions to the add-on shop.

Here you can continue to add the add-on content you want and finally choose a shipping address to complete your order.

You will notice that some items have two different prices, the one with « Ver. KS » in the name is the original price at KS, but you can only buy one of each.

If you want a Simplified Chinese version, please select Traditional Chinese in the type selection and contact us via email or Discord.

If you are in mainland China, an easier way is to use our Taobao portal, which can also be found at this link.

The following are some of the current FAQs.

1. What exactly is in the first shipment?

If you supported the Core Pack or Deluxe Core Pack during the KS campaign, this shipment would include an RDL Corebox containing all of the RDL stuff from the original Core Pack and a set of game-specific dice.

If you support Warlord, Heavy Metal or Cavalry, this shipment will include Heavy Metal and Cavalry (depending on the content of your order).

The Terrain Blanket and the Dice Pack will also be sent out in this batch, but not necessarily in the same package as the other products, as they have special dimensions.

1. What exactly is the schedule for shipping?

We ship our products in three batches.

The First Batch, including

RDL Corebox,

Heavy Metal Expansion Pack,

Cavalry Expansion Pack,

Dice Pack,

1200mm Game Mat.

The expected shipping dates are

Simplified Chinese: March to April 2023.

English, Traditional Chinese: 2nd quarter 2023.

Japanese, German: 3rd quarter 2023.

The Second Batch, including

UN Corebox,

Scalpel Expansion Pack,

Doorbreaker Expansion Pack,

Game Pack.

Expected shipping times are

Simplified Chinese, English, Traditional Chinese: fourth quarter 2023.

Japanese, German: 1st quarter 2024.

The Third Batch, including

GoF Corebox,

Hunter Expansion Pack,

Justice Expansion Pack,

Terrain Pack A,

Dice Tower.

Expected shipment dates are

2nd or 3rd quarter 2024.

1. Can you not send them to me in separate shipments? Can you wait until they all arrive and send them to me together?

Yes.

If you have a request for this, please get in touch with us in any of the ways mentioned above, and we will try to keep the items together and send them to you.

However, please note that we do not have a dedicated warehouse and therefore, the ‹ hold until X batch › process may involve switching the order of delivery, so if you temporarily change your order before the next batch containing your item arrives, we may not be able to get the item to you as quickly as we would like.

1. I see quite a lot of models. How long does it take to assemble?

According to our calculations, the following standard prime sets are followed for a skilled model maker:

Only very visible fit lines and burrs are dealt with, with no sanding, no decals, and direct glueing in the default pose.

With the above criteria, it would take about 60 hours to assemble all three packs of this batch relatively leisurely.

1. Can I play with just the first batch of content?

Basically, yes.

The 0.99 version of the rulebook (in English) will be uploaded to the website in April/May. We will post updated instructions available to everyone (backers or not) to download for free. This version of the rulebook is the clearest version of all the rules available to assist you in your play.

If you (or your playing partner) have received the « RDL Corebox » in this batch, then using the miniatures and accessories in your hand, together with the dice included in the RDL Corebox, you and your partner only need a game plate covered by 3" grids.

While the terrain blanket will ship shortly, we are unsure if we can include the paper board in this batch.

Whether or not we are able to send out the cardboard maps in the first batch, we will make the map files available for download on the official website so you can download them and print them on whatever medium you feel comfortable with.

1. Are the parts that have not been shipped confirmed? Will they be revised? Will there be further delays?

Subsequent batches of paper are still being adjusted and produced, so the content of both batches two and three currently on display will continue to be modified to varying degrees.

Most of the models in Batch 2 are already in T0 status and will be subject to minor adjustments and optimisation, but the appearance will not change.

The third batch of models and the second batch of terrain models have not yet been moulded and will still undergo some adjustments.

The terrain models, in particular, will undergo a complete upgrade, which we will elaborate on in the next update.

The left-hand side of the diagram shows one of the current terrain modules, while the middle one shows the expected upgraded terrain module. We will need to rework much of the new design to adapt them to the new dimensions.

These changes can potentially cause further delays, and we will learn from our previous experience and optimise the development process to minimise delays. Still, we cannot guarantee this 100% as we will continue prioritising quality as always.

1. I don’t want it anymore! Money back!

Following this update, we will keep the refund channel open from next week, so please get in touch with us if you have a request for this.

Also, as we are shipping in batches and still have some time after this batch before we finalise delivery, we are still working on how the process of making refunds after the first batch has been shipped will work.

1. Will the items acquired through PM add-ons be shipped with the first batch?

The first shipments will be made in a relatively short period of time, depending on the language version (first in Traditional Chinese and English, then in Japanese and German), all expected in the second quarter of this year, and we think they will be shipped in June to August.

Note that the Simplified Chinese versions available for purchase at PM Plus will not make it to the mentioned March~April shipping time, as they are already in production.

1. Why is the PM price higher? Roughly how much more expensive?

We cost much more than we should have, so the original selling price on KS was unhealthy.

So far in 2019, we have used up all the money raised on KS and Modian and added an extra 3 million RMB at the end of 2021.

We used around 1.5 million to start another long-term project under the Ember worldview. Still, even without that portion, the overall cost was substantially more than expected, and in fact, our crowdfunding revenue wouldn’t cover the cost if we just went by current sales.

Undoubtedly, we made many mistakes and caused some wasted resources throughout the project, but I’m also pretty sure that in the process, we learned how to make a quality product and perfect it.

I believe the market is receptive to this kind of work, and we have many more great and exciting ideas. Still, the whole project should move forward in a healthy, sustainable and profitable state if we hope to bring these ideas to fruition.

The Warlord level in our KS edition price means getting 25 mechs, 37 drones, and 142 extra parts for £280, and as a player, I’m really happy to share a product like this with you guys. It’s beautiful, rich in content, enough to play with for a long time, and cheap enough.

Pictured are the full model contents of the Warlord pack. It’s about 18Kg weight. Each pice is a beautiful plastic miniature, enough for me to assemble for 200 hours.

But over the last three years, I’ve also been forced to learn to see things from an operator’s perspective - for a product that doesn’t have huge sales (say 10,000+ units), such pricing means that the company’s cash flow is extremely fragile, and we want to make a series that we can keep developing and keep updating -which would be a disaster.

The exact PM prices are here:

RDL Corebox: £55

UN Corebox: £50

GOF Corebox: £55

Game Pack: £40

Heavy Metal: £33.75

Cavalry: £39

Scalpel: £43.75

Doorbreaker: £33.75

Hunter: £43.75

Justice: £48

Warlord Pack: £397

Dice Pack: £12

1200mm Game Mat: £22

Dice Tower: £18

Terrain packA: £30

1. Why do original backers get a discount?

First of all, the crowdfunding players are the cornerstone of the whole project. Without your support, we wouldn’t even be able to take the first step.

And since we promised during the crowdfunding that there would be PMs for people to add to their order and put in a seed slot, we shouldn’t break our promise to the crowdfunding backers. That’s the bottom line.

1. When is this PM open?

It is expected to end in May. Until then, you can consider and adjust your options.

On the Backer kit, the money is not deducted until the end of the PM, so that you can cancel your pledge anytime before the end.

If you wish to make your decision with the utmost care, you can even wait until we have sent out the first batch of the short medium and there are reviews on the market before deciding whether to jump in.

1. Will there be another round PM?

Not to rule it out completely, but we have no plans for that at the moment.

And after the PM is over and the first shipment is complete, the crowdfunded versions of the three main product packs from the first batch (RDL Core, Heavy Metal, and Cavalry) will no longer be available in any way.

Even if there is another round of PMs in the future, they won’t have those three pieces of content.

However, some add-ons, such as the Game Mat and Dice Pack, will continue to be sold.

1. Will the price increase again in the future?

In principle, the retail version will be designed with new SKUs and will differ from the crowdfunded version.

Everything will be included in the retail version except for products marked as Crowdfunding Limited (KSE), but the quantity in a single pack may vary.

The retail price will generally be more expensive than the PM price. But exactly how much more expensive it depends on the contents of the package.

1. so, what exactly is in each pack now?

At the end of this update, we will put up the latest pic of nine major packs.

We will continue to release development progress and materials in KS updates in the future, and these changes will be synced directly to the individual PM pages during PM.

Finally, I would also like to emphasise something.

The Queti-Studio team is very, very serious about building this project properly.

In the process, we are stepping into areas that we have never ventured into before or that no one has ever ventured into.

Even though most of them are not profound, someone still needs to try them and pay for them physically.

For this project, I’ve not given as much as I’d like, but I don’t regret it because I have players who tell me in various languages, « this is fun », or « this is cool », and « I like the worldview design ».

And we’ll keep trying to get more feedback like that.

If you have any comments about the EMBER project, Queti-Studio, or about me personally, please feel free to send me your feedback in the form of words or letters, and we will read and respond to them.

Please do not direct negative comments at any other player or supporter, whether they are « defending » or « blaming » us, as inter-player conflict is the last thing we want to see.

Please direct your comments to me, and I sincerely appreciate it!

RDL-Core

UN-Core

GOF-Core

Heavy Metal

Cavalry

Scalpel

Doorbreaker

Hunter

Justice

j’ai tellement hate pour ce jeu

M’en parle pas, je suis aussi excité qu’un acarien au salon de la moquette :smiley:

Ce qui est bien c’est qu’on devrait avoir des retours des backers CHS avant la fermeture du PM pour nous aider à nous décider sur la total ou non. (pour profiter du prix bas)

1 « J'aime »

J’ai glané quelques visuels HD sur le NET pour se faire une idée plus précise du contenu des boites.

Photos:

RDL Corebox

Cavalry

Boites base + extensions

Rendus:

RDL Corebox

Heavy Metal

Cavalry

UN-Core

Scalpel

Doorbreaker

GOF-Core

Hunter

Justice

Divers:

Cartes de pilotes

MAJ : dropbox mise à disposition par les créateurs avec les visuels HD

1 « J'aime »

PM lancé:

Des idées de ce que vous allez prendre? Au vu des finances justes et des frais de port je vais rester sur un addons par team mais lesquels… :sweat_smile:

Haha ce topic ne soulève point les foules ! :smile:

Pour informations :
Les backers et late pledge CHS devraient être livré avant la fin du PM (review?) et une vidéo plus propre de règle devrait être également disponible avec j’espère l’assemblage des méchas au début.

Ils ont pour plan de fermer le PM vers Mai

Ouah… quelle accélération !

Bon ben all in ^^

En attendant on se remet doucement à battletech… on tente des schemas de peinture
Rapido ( 15 minutes sur celui là)

3 « J'aime »

Edit : Rassemblement des informations dans un seul post

1 « J'aime »

Edit : Rassemblement des informations dans un seul post

Première vague, seul la faction RDL sera envoyé (core box, DCL Heavy metal et Cavalry) avec la version chinoise simplifié envoyé et reçu depuis mai (l’Anglais, le Japonais, l’Allemand et le Chinois traditionnel devraient être envoyé a partir de fin Aout début septembre)

Fermeture du PM fin juin

Unboxing Vidéo de la faction RDL

Peinture et assemblage de la faction RDL

RDL CORE BOX

RDL DLC Heavy Metal

RDL DLC Cavalry

Vidéo rapide des règles en CHS

1 « J'aime »

Pour rappel : fermeture du pm le 30 juin.

Cc . Quelqu un pourait il m expliquer la merdasse quie je viens de recevoir. Il faut repayer le KS ?.. ils ont tout perdu ? Que dois je faire ? ( parce que en l’etat j ai pas tout bité)

D avance merci

Hello,

Alors, il y a eu un soucis a retardement avec le paiement par carte bancaire lors du PM, tu as été remboursé il y a quelque mois.

Du coup, ils sont passé par une autre méthode et ce que tu dois payer est ce que tu as payé lors du PM. Cependant vérifie bien qu’il ne manque rien ou que le montant est le même car ils ont du récupérer la data de gamefound et qu’apparement ce n’était pas une partie de plaisir.

Je ne regrette pas ma demande de remboursement il y a 2 ans…:roll_eyes:

Pour ma part je ne regrette pas d’être resté.
Les premiers retour sont plutôt bon et la qualité est là et puis je me dit que KS sert aussi à cela : donner leurs chances

1 « J'aime »

Pareil. Content d etre resté.

Il semblerait que ce souci ne touche pas tout le monde.

Non, uniquement ceux ayant utilisé la CB, les autres moyen de paiement n’ont pas eu de soucis.

Go paypal, au moins t’es tranquil