The Dark Quarter - par Lucky Duck Games / Van Ryder Games - Livraison octobre 2023

Le cosmétique c’est beau notamment les pièces métalliques mais c’est chère en effet. Ça fait presque 50€ à ajouter, 1/3 du prix.

Je me serai bien laissé tenter par les pièces métal, mais 20€ pour ça alors que ce n’est que de l’amélioration de matériel déjà présent, je m’en passerai. De même, les figurines sont cool, mais finalement, elles ne sont vraiment pas indispensables

Bonsoir,
Dites moi j’ai un petit souci sur le PM. Quand je selectionne n’importe quel pack j’ai juste le choix entre langue « Anglais » ou « English »…
Comment avoir le jeu en français ?

Il ne faut pas utiliser la fonction « traduire » de ton navigateur si tu l’as utilisé, sinon je ne sais pas désolé ^^.

1 « J'aime »

Greetings Detectives,

First off we want to say a massive thank you to everyone who has completed their pledge manager. As of today, 73% of pledges from the Kickstarter campaign have now been completed via the Gamefound Pledge Manager.

If you haven’t done so already, please can we ask you to visit the Pledge Manager, log in with your Kickstarter email address, and complete your pledge. Doing so really helps us!

Full instructions can be found in Update #31.

Visit the Pledge Manager to complete your pledge
Visit the Pledge Manager to complete your pledge

Development News

Development continues on both the writing and artwork for The Dark Quarter. Artist Maryna Nesterova has been preparing many variations of different items before working on the final versions of artwork for the game.

In a game like The Dark Quarter that involves investigating specific elements of scenes and collecting story cards that are crucial to how the narrative progresses, we really want to ensure that every detail of the artwork is prepared correctly. This even extends to our new favorite beer-guzzling skeleton key rings and our uber cute ginger buddy <3

What do you think of these work-in-progress art pieces?

We’ll continue to share non-spoiler artwork and components with you throughout the development process.

Prior to Gen Con, game designer and writer Evan Derrick actually prepared a personal development diary post for you all :slight_smile:

Evan Dev Diary

Hey everyone, Evan here. Would you like to hear more about my process for creating the Dark Quarter? If the answer is ‘yes,’ then by all means read on.

I’m no stranger to writing, and definitely no stranger to writing tens of thousands of words for the games I create (I wrote somewhere between 120,000 and 150,000 words for Detective: City of Angels), but it is fair to say that The Dark Quarter its own beast. Because all of the writing happens within The Dark Quarter digital edtior, writing needs to be coupled with the programming of locations, points of interest, NPCs and then testing them. This extends the usual writing time load by a factor of 2.5x (which is my very unscientific and fully anecdotal calculation). Put another way, if it took me an hour to write 500 words, it takes me 2.5 hours to do the same amount of writing for The Dark Quarter.

I’m sorry, that sounds like I’m complaining. I’m actually not! Creating these characters and telling their stories is an absolute joy, and doing it within Lucky Duck’s incredible editor allows me the opportunity to do things I couldn’t otherwise do. I have access to storytelling tools that allow for some amazing “aha!” moments that you, as the players, will be able to participate in. This kind of work has been done in the video game world, but I’m not sure it’s been tackled at this level in the board game world.

But, going back to that intro paragraph above, boy does this kind of storytelling ask a lot more of the writer and the designer.

Because of that, I’ve begun adjusting my work schedule significantly. The Dark Quarter, requires a level of focus that I haven’t really had to apply before. In service to that, I actually rented out my neighborhood’s clubhouse for a week to focus fully on the next scenario in the campaign.

My wonderful team allowed me the freedom to do that, and I managed to really take a bit out of the next episode for the Beaumont Agents. I continue to love the freedom this world allows me, and the cast of characters continues to grow more colorful and exciting every time I sit down to write. I’m sure you’d love to hear more about Madame Napoleon, the enigmatic operator of a shadowy prison in the heart of the French Quarter known only as The Bastille, but that will have to wait for another day.

So, the writing, programming and testing continues. I can’t wait to see what lies in wait for John Robicheaux, Constance Moreau, Julia Paris, and Winter Mullins. I know how many of their stories could end, but every time I sit down to the keyboard I find myself surprised at the turns the story is taking. I’m immersed in The Dark Quarter, and I can’t wait for you to join me here.

Until next time,

Quack!

3 « J'aime »

J’hésite sur l’utilité des figurines. Selon vous: cosmétique ou réellement utile ?

Je pencherais pour dire que pour ce jeu ce n’est que du pur cosmétique et je n’ai pas envie de dépenser pour ça. En revanche si ça peut réellement s’avérer utile, je pourrais reconsidérer mon niveau de pledge… Quel est votre point de vue sur leur utilité svp ?

A mon avis, ça sert à rien du tout (au mieux immersion, peut-être ???). Mais j’ai pris, parce que c’est joli (et que je suis honteusement riche).

2 « J'aime »

Zi c’est comme destinies c’est purement pour l’immersion et le cosmétiques. Il y aura des jetons de perso en plus.

Ben oui justement je me dis qu’avec les jetons ce sera très bien. Après peut être dans un souci de lisibilité, de clarté, ça aurait pu être utile. Mais je passe mon tour sur les figurines

Il y a aussi des fois où les figurines limitent la lisibilité, inversement…

Perso j’ai pris car je les trouvent très jolies mais je pense qu’on peut faire sans

…plutôt …
Couac!
:arrow_forward: :door:

2 « J'aime »

Elles étaient en tout cas bien inutiles dans Destinies voire contre-productives tant il est difficile de distinguer un NPC d’un autre (mêmes les figs peintes).
Les tokens de The Dark Quarter, dont j’aime beaucoup la DA, me laissent augurer d’une bien meilleure immersion que les figs, même avec une meilleure échelle.

4 « J'aime »

Je plussoie, pour être en pleine campagne de destinies en ce moment, on passe vraiment du temps à trouver la bonne figurine des fois…

1 « J'aime »

Ouais donc non seulement inutiles mais en plus carrément gênantes. J’ai bien fait de laisser passer

C’est une plaie ces figurines dans Destinies. J’aurai préféré des tokens…

Bon n’empêche, j’ai été un peu refroidi par la preview du dernier Canard PC Hors Série.
D’après eux ca fonctionne bien etc. mais y a quand même une appli très présente et surtout, ils trouvent que le plateau commun ne sert au final à rien car on a toutes les infos via l’application, les dés et les cartes et ca évite une tonne de manipulations.
Du coup on perd pas mal en immersion je pense …

C’est déjà le grief principal contre destinies qu’on pourrait jouer sans plateau, en se passant la tablette ou sur un écran commun

Perso, j’aime la présence du plateau et ce votre hybride. Ça ne me pose pas de problème

6 « J'aime »

L’ayant loupé à l’époque et vu que destinies tourne bien à la maison, je relorgnes dessus…
Le PM est toujours ouvert? Un late pledge est possible?

Je dirai oui. C’est sur Gamefound et le PM est actif donc normalement tu dois pouvoir pledger.

1 « J'aime »