Obsidian Protocol - par Quti Studio - livraison sept. 2020

Du discord officiel :slight_smile:

Soon tm

De bonnes nouvelles sur la dernière new :slight_smile:

ça m’a fait decouvrir en même temps un jeu de FIG fan made assez sympa

Bon, ca commence a prendre forme

Faudrait déjà que le pm prenne forme non ? Moi j’avais demandé le remboursement… Comme beaucoup d’ailleurs je me demande si il leur reste des thunes…

apparement ils sont en train de bosser sur le PM, ils devrait arriver dans les mois a suivre.

Maintenant une ouverture de PM n’est en rien un gage de qualité, ils peuvent très bien l’ouvrir pour engranger plus de sous.

Un choix :slight_smile:

Ils ont réussi à me ré hype !

1 « J'aime »

Ouai mais ça fait combien de mois qu’on a lâché les sous ?

J’ai les règles, ça a l’air top, mais je n’ai pas encore eu l’occasion de peindre des figs pour n’y d’y jouer (ce qui serait en théorie possible avec mes figs d’infinity)

Septembre 2019… Chhhhhhut (doigt sur la bouche)

1 « J'aime »

Lol…quand même 3 ans pour un pm…retires tes billes

Un coup de poker, faut rappeler que la situation économique est assez compliqué et que nous sommes sur un jeux de conception complexe avec une équipe de newbee.

Pour ma part, j’ai investie tous en sachant que je pouvais la perdre, je n’y ai donc pas mis toutes mes économies ;D

Pas mieux que vitamine ! C’est pas pire qu’un kdm. On est dans ce pourquoi ks existe avec ce projet pour moi :slight_smile:

Hello,

Deux petites vidéos du discord montrant le fonctionnement des aimants:

Un résumé de Kevin du discord posté dans les commentaires KS

Most recent post from the Discord server:

Hi everyone, another week without watching Discord, but this time we have some solid news:

All week, my testers and I have been intensively tweaking and testing the 0.99 rules. As of today, this round of testing and iteration has brought us a lot of useful data, and the rules and values of this version are also the versions that satisfy me the most.

The reason why the test is so urgent now (even delaying the PM’s preparation for this) is that we have to quickly make the final version of the card file. Although the changes in 098 are very good, it does bring a lot of workloads.

The current thinking is that in the first week of August, we will complete the entire paper design for the first batch of products (yes, they are already finishing), and then enter the paper production process.

At the end of next week, we are also preparing to run a « more complete » round of testing (V0.99f) with samples closest to the final product.

In this round of testing, we want to finally check if the user experience of all UI is good enough.

Therefore, in the future, the balance value of the game may be fine-tuned, but the rules have been 99% determined, which also means that we will, officially, start to quickly promote the translation of the rules.

While it’s impossible to describe in a sentence or two what the rules of this version look like, to put it simply, this version takes the new « timing » mechanism of version 098 (mentioned in the last update) and improves it.

Therefore, the performance of the same mech under the operation of different pilots is also very different.

Different equipment has very different tactical uses.

Also, now you can throw away your bulky shields/large weapons/depleted equipment on the battlefield, and this action has a certain tactical type.

Anyway, it’s really fun.

This week’s testing is over, and next week I’ll be fully pushing the PM and writing an update.

Samples of the dice, test parts for the chessboard chassis, the final design of the paper, the progress of the rule book, and the different abilities of each driver in the first batch, I’ll talk about it in this update.

Oh yes, we will receive new test parts from the factory in the next 1-2 weeks. If the test part is perfect this time, the mould is just in time for progress.

All in all, next week’s top priority: PM+Paper Design.

2 « J'aime »

Plus ça avance plus ça hype

3 « J'aime »

Nouvelle update… ça avance, ça avance mais pour le PM va falloir encore attendre. En tout cas, le résultat final risque d’être bien beau.

Update #37 - Dev log 17. Running account.

It’s been two months since the last update, and this month feels like the blink of an eye has passed.

In the past few days, although I will send some progress-related news in the QQ group and on Dis from time to time, I have never been able to report the progress in detail.

Today, let us take a closer look at the recent progress.

The first is the running account:

On June 27, the last update was released.

Then the news came from White Stone (白石工作室, our second mould supplier. We are sorry that their name was wrongly translated as Shiraishi before) that the mould for the bases began to undergo preliminary milling.

On June 29, one of the contents of the second batch, « Octopus », underwent a print test.

Many models in the first batch did not have a large enough assembly gap in the design stage, so we performed a round of re-inspection on all subsequent models.

This print test is a test for this modification.

On July 1st, we started to revive pages such as FB pages and Twitter (Then I haven’t been online very much in recent days).

I really don’t have the energy to juggle all the information platforms.

On July 5, the base mould entered the sparking stage.

On July 10, the redesign of the game map began.

In the plan, the polygonal prism floor of the relic area 99676 is still used as the main element, but the rendering and post-processing of the 3D model are used instead.

This is a part of the old map, and the hand-painted feeling is stronger.

On July 13, a powerful outsourcer was found.

Choose to use procedural materials as the base scheme to represent the relic ground covered with moon dust.

On July 15, the rules were well advanced, and the new systems introduced in 0.9.8 were gradually implemented.

The test rules entered the 0.9.8b stage and finalised the pilot list for 0.9.8b.

On July 18, the graphic design of the new version of the dial was released.

We announced our future balance plan.

On July 20th, skip the electronic warfare test of 0.9.8, modify some details, and enter 0.9.9.

0.9.9 has sorted out various detailed modifications made in 0.9.8 and clarified the action system of Action Type + Action Length.

And the link mechanism, keyword logic, electronic warfare process and many other details have been optimised.

On July 22, the map material had a preliminary effect.

And received box samples of three crafts.

The size of a single expansion pack, also the size of a single faction core pack.

There is a picture of the original parts on the box, which is convenient for players to understand the size of the details.

On July 30, a simple update was released in the QQ group and Dis.

Talk about the 0.9.9 test that has been going on all week.

The remaining paper designs are planned for the 1st to 2nd week of August.

Said that we are ready to start promoting the translation of the rules.

And plan to write an update in the first week of August.

Also, on this day, we completed a 3D model of the new map and printed a sample.

On July 31, samples of the dice were received.

On August 2, the first test parts of the base were received.

This batch of moulds includes card trays, various bases for miniatures, and optical camouflage markings.

The trial parts are injected with white material to see the quality of the mould better. In the official version, some are grey, and some are transparent.

Then we found a minor embarrassment: After the part card is installed in the card sleeve, it can’t be inserted into the card tray slot.

To that end, we modified the size of the cards so that they could fit into smaller card sleeves.

On August 4, the trial kits of the No. 007 plate were received.

The large artillery backpack and Cumulonimbus HMG.

There are still some issues with the moulds, but the mech looks cool holding them.

On August 6, I fell ill, so I postponed the 0.9.9F test that was scheduled for the weekend.

On August 8, a simple update was released in the QQ group and Dis.

It was notified that the first batch of moulds had all entered the mould repair stage, but due to the large amount of mould repair work, the expected delivery time was postponed to September.

Unhappy.

The 099F incorporates a « discarded weapon » system, unit orientation and firing angle.

The plan is to make a ruler version completely different from the grid rules. The ruler version has a faster pace of the game, while the grid version emphasises planning.

Complete feedback on bases mould.

Complete feedback on the dice. The official goods will adjust the colour. I found that I forgot to design the water stickers.

To sum up, since we have to wait for the mould, we will further test and adjust the game’s rules.

On August 10, the graphic design of the component card adapted to 0.9.9F was completed.

There is a white square area in the middle of the twill area on the back. We will put a QR code here.

Scan the code with your mobile phone to see the information page of the component.

We hope this will further reduce the number of times players have to flip through the rule book in the game.

We found a skilled team for this part of the database to do it, which is very exciting!

On August 11, the second iteration design of the new map was completed, and the « helmet faces » of RDL were finalised.

We made different designs for each helmet face to enrich the visual effect.

(I will put the picture below)

On August 16, a simple update of « There will be an update this week » was released on the group and Dis.

I briefly sorted out the news that 099F is about to advance to 099G, especially the 3-inch large grid.

A closed beta of the new ruler version was planned for this week (and then delayed).

On August 17th, the revised bases test module was received.

The visual effect is much better after the frosting, and the combination of the round and square bases are also very smooth.

We even play with a base in our hands during meetings.

On August 18, two terrain blankets were received for proofing based on the second iteration of the design.

Playing games with terrain blankets is excellent, but blankets aren’t as suitable for printing as paper or canvas.

The former is a terrain blanket, and the latter is an oil canvas. The effect is quite different.

Are we still thinking about how to improve or consider selling the canvas version in the future?

On August 20th, I participated in the model exhibition « Yuan·Su Miniature Model Salon » in Beijing, and I had a great time communicating with various bigwigs on the spot.

On August 21, when I woke up in the morning, I was sick (again), and so was my child. . . Just pigeon off the second day of the show and the update.

On August 23, I went back to the company to work for a while and then went home to rest. . .

August 24, write an update.

This is roughly the case.

Of course, what I wrote here is some of the more important progress from my perspective.

For those minutiae or repetitive work, I did not record them one by one.

Below, we add some details to the various types of progress mentioned above.

1. Future Balance Plan

After the product is released, the balance adjustment is expected to be divided into three situations:

1. Daily balance adjustments, the current version of the score table will be announced through the latest version, involving the latest scores of pilots/components/drones.

Since the scores are not printed directly on cards, players can write on the sleeve with a marker or the paper’s surface with a pencil.

1. Special balance adjustment, when there are serious problems with the balance of some components/pilots/drones, consider adopting the card ban scheme.

We avoid banned cards to the greatest extent possible to ensure the diversity of the game.

In addition, the KSE Part defaults to an indefinite ban card, which you can use in informal situations, but if there is an official competition, the banned card is not allowed.

1. Big version update.

After observing enough player battle scenes (that is, after at least 2~3 seasons of products), we expect more content and expansion, and the game community will be more complete.

Balance problems may be tough to adjust, or the entire game ecosystem needs reorganisation.

There will be a full version of the new rules and accessories.

Similar to X-wing’s 2.0.

After that, the 2nd version of the product will be launched, while the 1st version will be gradually removed from the shelves, and a conversion package will be sold, which can convert the old version of the miniature piece into the new version.

Option 3 is the ultimate method, it will not be used frequently, and the price of the conversion package will be strictly controlled to avoid too much burden on players.

2. The adjustment of the rules

This Tuesday, we officially confirmed that we will no longer be tuning and testing 0.9.9G but will advance the rule to 0.9.91.

That said, we have entered the next stage of rule refinement.

Don’t worry. 0.9.91’s changes to 0.9.9F are not significant, and there are currently no plans to make any significant changes before shipping.

What did 099 bring?

The first is to optimise the new timing system of 098.

The double-digit timing in the 098 (see our last update for details) performed well in testing.

It took players some time to understand the mechanics.

After a painful rookie period, they quickly began to choose the correct pilot around the timing system and adjust their planning accordingly.

Let’s review what the 098’s dial looks like first.

However, this « two-digit number » can be seen as a combination of two numbers:

The ten-digit number corresponds to the action type, and the one-digit number corresponds to the driver’s « activeness » in performing this action type.

For example, a 1 in the tens is a « Fast action », a 2 in the tens is a « Melee », and so on.

When an « Assault » with a melee stat of 22 meets a « Scout » with a melee stat of 26, if both choose the melee timing (or Timing 2), the « Assault » will get the first opportunity for action.

Considering the serious damage of melee combat, perhaps it is not necessarily a good idea for the commander of the « Scout » to choose melee combat.

Through the distance between the two sides, you can guess that the other party will choose the timing of melee combat and then adjust the movement to approach and launch a melee attack.

At this time, if “Scout” also chooses melee combat, it will be very disadvantageous because the movement is slower.

Then to avoid this unfavourable situation, we can choose to equip the « Scout » with some equipment to provide Fast actions to be performed at timing 1.

Or choose to move in the previous round to increase the distance.

Of course, this is a multi-unit fight, so if you have other mechs in your squad that have quick moves that can be performed at opportunity 1, they may also be used to interrupt someone else’s melee.

And this combination of actions and actions is the strategic point of the game.

Of course, as a dice game, you always need some luck.

When designing this system, we considered that there might be some very special pilots in the future.

They can have very special stats, like a melee stat of 18, which means this pilot will melee before everyone else.

Or, a pilot could fire at 69, which means he will fire after everyone is done.

However, when reviewing the game, we found that a dial full of double digits will bring pressure on players.

First, players instinctively feel this is complicated, increasing the psychological burden.

Secondly, there will be multiple drivers on the field, and their attributes are all double digits, so most players cannot quickly judge their priorities.

Try it out. Arrange the following two sets of numbers in order from largest to smallest:

You’ll find that the ones in the second set of numbers are a rearrangement of the first set of numbers, but it’s just more challenging for you to « glance » to determine the order.

We tweaked this design because we wanted players to focus more on the game than procedural actions.

The specific method is that starting from version 099, we marked the action types on the turntable and the cards with the corresponding colours and indicated the order of these action types in the action stage with points.

The inception value becomes a single digit.

In this way, players only need to glance at their card to determine what types of actions the machine can perform quickly, and by looking at the dial, they can know the character’s stat at this Timing.

At the same time, the action length that 098 tried to introduce was explicitly used in 099.

After getting the opportunity to act, the mech can choose:

· Perform an adjustment move - perform a standard action that matches the current timing type;

· Or, perform an adjustment move - execute a short action that matches the current timing type - and then add any short action (cannot be the same component of the previous action);

· Or, do not perform an adjustment move - perform a long action that matches the current timing type.

Taking shooting as an example, standard shooting action, such as various rifle shots, means that you can adjust the movement before shooting to increase the distance, adjust the angle, etc.

Whereas pistol shots are usually short actions, meaning you can not only adjust your movement but a fire in sequence when two pistols are equipped, giving you a chance to destroy both parts/units in one action timing, or you can shoot in one short action is followed by another short action, like throwing grenades or electronic warfare or something, or you can attach the shot to another short action to fire at a better time.

The shooting of some heavy weapons is a long action, and the movement cannot be adjusted before firing, which is very cumbersome. This means that if the opponent sees that you have chosen the shooting action, they are likely to hide behind cover before you fire or go out of the firing range.

But on the other hand, these shots are usually more powerful from a distance and tend to do more damage if you take the chance.

In summary:

Short movements are more flexible and can be « brought » out by short actions at other times.

Standard action is a standard action.

Long moves are bulkier but more powerful.

Hearing this, you may think that the rules of 099 are messy and complicated, but trust me, the process is still very smooth when the actual game is played.

Next, let’s talk about other details.

In the 099E test, we added the « discard » gameplay.

That is, you can discard some weapons with the entry « hand-held », and by doing so, you will replace the card of this part with its « discarded card »

« Abandon » is a generic action, a Fast-timing short action, so you can use the discard to get a Fast-timing short-action window.

Also, most parts get a « Freehand » entry after being « abandoned ».

And some parts even get new actions after abandoning the hand-held weapon, such as the combined pistol + vibrating sword, which will change the « slashing » action into « enhanced chop » after leaving the pistol because after abandoning the pistol, the mech can distribute more energy to the vibrating sword.

Another change is that 099F has fully improved the game’s orientation mechanism.

Simply put, attacks from behind will be more dangerous, while shooting can usually only attack targets within a 90° range in front.

The rules related to the map are finalised in the later stage of the 099F version.

The following is a brief description.

Of course, the official version will be accompanied by pictures and detailed descriptions:

· The chessboard consists of 3x3 inches (75x75mm) square grids. Games with a score of 240 or less use a 12x12 grid (900x900mm) chessboard. For games with a score of 300 or higher, it is recommended to use a 16x16 grid (1200x1200mm) chessboard.

· The target line of sight is determined as: as long as the squares of the two pieces can be connected to any line of sight (a virtual line that does not pass through any cover of 1 layer or higher), they are « visible » to each other.

· To determine whether there is terrain protection, the « opposite sides » of the two sides are connected in parallel.

If any bunker blocks them, they will obtain terrain protection;

If the two units are at opposite angles, the attacker chooses which side to use as the « opposite side »;

The cover that the attacker is in contact with will not provide terrain protection for the attacked side.

· As long as there is a line of sight to the target, and the target is within the firing range and the firing angle, the shooting can be carried out.

· Standard cover is a block that occupies 1 square (3x3 inches) and is one layer (2 inches) high, while the high cover is a block that occupies 1 square and is regarded as infinitely high; if the rules of advanced terrain are not used, the battlefield There are only two types of bunkers.

· Advanced terrain rules covering low cover (1" high cover), protective walls (3x1", 2" high), chests (2x1", 1" high), as well as bridges (limited height), ground holes (inaccessible), etc.

Special terrain rules and some terrains will allow medium/small units to enter but not large units.

· No unit can stay on the cover model.

· Flying units can move over cover or other units but cannot stay on the cover model either.

· When checking the line of sight, if one is a flying unit, then ignore all cover other than the high cover.

· Flying units are not protected by terrain.

· Large units (using a 3x3" base) can be used as cover by other units, while Medium (2x2") and Small (1x1") cannot.

· A square can place one large/medium miniature piece and up to 4 small pieces (you can place them on the base of the big piece or beside the middle piece); for medium/small pieces, put them Where it is on the grid does not affect its visibility or terrain protection determination.

The most significant changes are « using a 3x3 grid » and « can’t go to the roof ».

The main advantage of using a large grid is that it greatly improves the game’s efficiency.

We used a large grid in an earlier version, but the first reason for replacing it with a small grid is that we hope that the grid version and the ruler version can share the same data set.

In addition, we hope to make the map rich and interesting.

For example, there are some terrains that « big units can’t get through and small units can pass ».

The fact is that the small grid makes the distance more subdivided, but the corresponding « tactical » has not been greatly improved, but it makes the player very tired every time the grid is calculated.

Therefore, when we confirm that we will further distinguish the grid and ruler rules, there is no need to keep a small grid of 1 inch.

The cancellation of the climbing function is also based on similar reasons.

As long as the pieces can climb the roof, the vision/melee/skill rules between multiple layers of terrain must be designed (and the player must remember).

And this will weaken the terrain’s ability to divide the battlefield.

Therefore, we have chosen to remove the possibility of general units « standing on cover models » in the ground rules, which means that the impact of terrain on the battlefield is enormous in most battles.

You need to move each of your units carefully so that they don’t lose sight of one another.

The ability to fly quickly across terrain is critical in this tactical environment.

Using the small grid map test, counting grids is really overwhelming.

In the test using the large grid map, the number of grids is clear at a glance.

Under the current rules, there are a lot of choices and exciting operations in the game, so there’s no need to be hard on ourselves.

And I won’t say too much about the « new ruler rule » in development this time, but we plan to make it more light-paced than the grid version.

Players have mentioned in previous updates that I hope the rules of grids and rulers can be completely different, and now we are going to do it. I hope you like it.

Regarding the rules, I will only talk about these this time.

We will release the complete main rules for everyone as soon as possible.

In addition, the rules-related content this time is still translated by me, so it may be difficult to read.

The translation work a while ago was not smooth, and we had to change a partner.

Many players are offering help to be our English/other language proofreaders.

I sincerely thank you here, but what we lack most now is adequate Chinese-English translators.

Only by solving this step can we produce something worthy of your proofreading.

3. Graphic design

The design of various cards and markers has been finalised.

And, highlight our "Pilot-ID-link " system, which replaces the original link token.

Each pilot has an exclusive dial for timing.

The pilot’s ID is stated on the dial, and each has a different ID.

At the same time, each pilot will also correspond to a small dial, one side is black, and the other is white, and the ID is written, and it can also be rotated to different angles to record the current remaining link.

When players play games, because the dial is often transferred on the table and in their hands, it is easy to misremember the question of « who drives this machine ».

When the game starts, the small wheel will always be placed next to the mech, recording the link and marking the ID, so it does not matter where the big dial is.

One player uses the black side, and the other uses the white side, so even pilots with the same ID can be distinguished.

In actual use, this thing is much easier to use than a lot of small link tokens~

In addition, in the last update, some players pointed out that our EMBER logo does not look good because it uses the same letter width.

Thanks a lot for your suggestion, @Ryan!

In the figure below, the top is the original plan, the middle is the final plan, and the bottom is the unadopted plan.

Regarding maps, we are currently in the second iteration, which is what it looks like in the picture.

At present, the final plan of the map is still being adjusted.

In the plan, the double-sided map will adopt a more realistic sense on one side, and the other will be similar to real-time satellite scanning, and some of them are still low-definition pixel « night battle » Versions.

However, we are still adjusting the design.

We have been busy these two days and will take time to iterate another version.

4. Miniatures

The primary information about the model has been said in the previous journal.

Here are the new photos.

And then to say more, now these models look good, but there are a lot of small problems.

These problems are said to be small but may affect the assembly.

If they are not modified, it will inevitably affect the assembly experience of players.

Therefore, to correct these problems is not how perfect we want; we just want to make the products qualified, and we will produce them as quickly as possible after repairing them.

Please wait for a while; and sorry for the delay again and again.

Finally, the original plan wanted to talk about some things about the refinement and modification of the game background, but I have written a lot of it for a long time. … leave it to the next update.

Here, as always, we need to hurry up PM, but the international shipping fee has changed again… we can only recalculate it again.

Fortunately, it has been decreasing recently.

So here is the update.

Finally, add a few more pictures to the fun for everyone.

See you next update, join our Discord channel if you want~

Discord

Purée, ça c’est de l’update !!!

C’est normal ça fait 3 ans d’update mais pas de.pledge manager … A force ils maîtrisent

Cela a la mérite de montrer que cela bosse.
Pas comme d’autre KS xD

Brève news qui ne concerne pas le KS…

October 1-2, we will start selling these pieces of the LAB series at WF2021-online.
After this event, we will continue to sell them on the web store.
More information about the LAB series will be released in the next update!